Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Chinese counterfeiters
    By GoonerGary in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2015, 02:46 PM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  3. Roland GX24 or Silhouette Cameo
    By diverse in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-09-2012, 10:51 PM
  4. to chinese or not to chinese
    By bigj2552 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 08:20 PM
  5. WANTED: Roland GX24 or Graphtec CE3000-60
    By AlexJay2010 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese, silhouette graphtec Roland ?

Ok I started my business with a silhouette cameo cutter, many know I think this machine is the dogs and the software is also very good,
    i then bought a Chinese refine, and after many months of trying to get it up and running and struggling with coral draw and signblazer I finally sold it this week.
    now then,
    i would like a nice cutter and very easy software similar to silhouette but 24" or bigger,
    so am I right in looking at a graphtec c6000-60 with software. Has anyone got this and if so what are they like?
    if not this route any other suggestions.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave I have this machines predecessor...the 5000-60 and can honestly say that used in conjunction with Corel it is a brilliant machine. If I was in the market for one I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks roger,
    its the software that interest me more than the cutter i think, i just sold the refine, as i was struggling to get to grips with all the software i needed coral, signblazer etc so would like a package like the cameo.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Roland Versacamm is what you need Dave

P.S.. The Tongue smiley is coming from me and Roger LOL!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eve Simon,
    but would you use a versacamm to cut all your normal vinyl or just use it along side a cheaper cutter.
    I'm still dreaming about a versacamm but its getting closer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only own a Versacam for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, if I take TMT vinyl as an example, its £6.00 per meter for premium flex across the colours. Printable Soldark is the same price and with this I can produce all the colours. I accept that it costs a bit more because of ink. But that is negligible considering I only need 1 roll and can advertise that I have every colour under the sun.

Secondly, I do not see any point in having another cutter when the Versacam cuts perfectly well and is on a maintenance contract which means if it breaks down, its repaired immediately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave271069 View Post
    Eve Simon,
    but would you use a versacamm to cut all your normal vinyl or just use it along side a cheaper cutter.
    I'm still dreaming about a versacamm but its getting closer.

Joint smiley tongue.....hehe

Dave the only reason I have the Graphtec is because I couldn't afford a Versacamm at that time. However I honestly think it was a good move for me because trying to learn Corel and master the Versacamm at the same time would have been more of an uphill struggle than it already was. Corel is an excellent programme for use with either the Graphtec or Versacamm but takes time to learn. After more than 4 years using it there's still a massive amount of it's capabilities I have yet to master. I also have Signlab and despite being impressed with it at the demonstration I have yet to understand it in any way at all. With software it's all down to what 'floats your boat'.

Given the choice today of keeping the Versacamm or Graphtec the Versacamm wins hands down. It prints brilliantly, is wider so you have more capacity to offer your customers and cuts as you would expect a Roland to cut. In addition, as Simon said above ...if run on Roland warranty there's no more worries.

Basically the Versacamm is more versatile therefore you can offer more to your customers.

An option for you is to keep a look out for a secondhand one, make sure it has only been used with 'Roland' inks and if you can afford it go for it. If is not already on a Roland service plan that should be your first port of call for peace of mind and, in the longer run, cost effectiveness.
    Last edited by RogerC; 23-08-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If either of you need any help with Corel then let me know.

I have been working with that program since version 3 so there is not much I do not know about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I only own a Versacam for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, if I take TMT vinyl as an example, its £6.00 per meter for premium flex across the colours. Printable Soldark is the same price and with this I can produce all the colours. I accept that it costs a bit more because of ink. But that is negligible considering I only need 1 roll and can advertise that I have every colour under the sun.

Secondly, I do not see any point in having another cutter when the Versacam cuts perfectly well and is on a maintenance contract which means if it breaks down, its repaired immediately.
    You bucky lastard mate. Good on ya.
    Can I ask about your contract, is that one of those rental/maintenance contracts or do you own the machine outright?
    Are you printing wallpaper yet?
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Goldrapt

I have it on a rental contract which comes with a silver maintenance contract. That is the best solution for me. This runs for three years and I will probably purchase it outright after the rental agreement is up or swap it out for a newer (and hopefully upgraded machine).

Never tried wallpaper yet as I am not sure it is something my customers would want and to be honest I would not even know where to purchase blank rolls.

And yes I am lucky