Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cameo help please
    By philfoot in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
  2. Cameo Help
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Cameo
    By Craig in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 11:28 PM
  4. cameo
    By jennywren in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  5. silhoutte cameo on c&c
    By india in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameo ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cameo ?

I have been making transfers for T-Shirts with my Liyu, printing the designs first and cutting - as you can imagine the possibility of error is there and to be honest it is taking me too long to complete the job.

Sooo, I woke up thinking for a Versacamm until I saw the prices (One day but not yet).. then I took to reading this wonderful forum and the Cameo popped out at me - they are less than £300 also :)

So, first - before I go buying anything do we have a members discount code for a supplier and secondly does anybody have one for sale ?

And... are there any problems with these I should be aware of?
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    YOLO sell them and you can use promo code to buy it ;)

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But isn't a Cameo going to be exactly the same process as you are doing now?

Have you looked at the two part papers from The Magic Touch that are used in conjunction with a laser printer?
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    process will be the same but cameo has optical eye. so no errors there when cutting out the transfers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Paul has it - that's the problem I am having.. Lining up the Reg marks using the knife, too much room for error. this laser thing on the Liyu is a waste of time.

Yolo is slightly cheaper than BMS with our discount :) Still need to upgrade the software though as need to be able to import things.
    Last edited by NikGrey; 20-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cameo is a great bit of kit for the price. Just wish they did it in a bigger version. For me the software is worth its weight in gold.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    before you go and fork out more money try to calibrate your laser first... May help
    http://www.cutterpros.com/blog/2013/...flexi-starter/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a much nicer way of Calibrating than the video version with the Chinese guy.

BUT, When I get to the 'Cutter Options' screen I have no X and Y settings - this is what has been confusing me since the start as there appears to be no way of setting this up properly, when following the Chinese guy's instructions you can set it up but as soon as you hit 'Reset' (probably to abort a job) the whole thing resets :(

Thanks for that link though, I do appreciate your help.

oh, and I do have the lazer on.
    My website is open:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the Cameo from Yolo last night as I just happened to get paid for a job at the right time. They have also corrected a small problem I had with a product I bought last week from them so all in all I am a happy customer again.

I should have the new machine tomorrow, so, its back to the shirts for me :)
    My website is open:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nik, let me share something that I learnt only today that you might be able to try on your big cutter.

Take out blade, put in pen, do the normal set up for contour cut with the manual registration with the keys as per Paul's video.
    When all four points have been done with the Pen ( you can see the pen dots on the paper see) Put knife back in and jolly well cut away.
    I will look at this cameo but Harry at E.M told me they were a good paperweight, anyone own and use one?
    regards, tony