Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. doctors results back
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 12:43 AM
  2. First port of call 2 say hello 2 all
    By Images Studio in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
  3. why do they call it day off
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  4. odd phone call to a supplier
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-03-2012, 02:49 PM
  5. days off is that what they call it
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call to my local doctors surgery

just got off the phone and thought i would share, tbh - not sure whether to laugh or cry

argggghhhhh, call doctors, phoning for the results of me knee xray -
    Doctors:results take 10-14 working days
    me:yes i know thats why ive left it 14 days before calling.
    Doctors:it says here, a doctor must call you to discuss them
    me:ok can you get a doctor to call me
    Doctors:no you have to do that
    me: ok can you please get a doctor to call me
    Doctors: what's i regarding
    me: your joking right? its about the x-ray results
    Doctors: yes but you can only talk to them about that
    me: ok, but when will they call
    Doctors: depends on which doctor calls you
    me: ok,
    SILENCE
    Doctors: tutting - well unless you tell me which doctor, i cant make the appointment
    me: oh i see, thank you for explaining, how about the Doctor that sent me for the x-ray
    Doctors: well Dr Ali cannot call you for 10 days he is on holiday
    me: ok any Dr other than Dr Ali would be good
    Doctors: ok Dr Hockney can call you tomorrow
    me: great what time
    Doctors: oh we cannot give a time, they just call you
    me: so i have to wait all day by the phone for the call
    Doctors: yes
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG..

I know doctors surgeries can be really busy.. but sometimes I do wonder..

I don't think half of them could organise a pissup in a brewery at times..

Hope you manage to get it sorted and they call at a reasonable time..
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's bad....sort of a 'catch 22' situation in progress. Hope you get things sorted and it's a good result.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im speechless... thats just insane.... as Renniwano says... hope its all ok soon. ;)
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is, the conversation doesn't surprise me. It's all on their terms as the vast majority have no other choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rang my doctor the other day to get an appointment. Receptionist said which doctor would you like to see, I said anyone. after 10 minutes of off phone discussion with her colleagues she informed me that Doctor anyone did not work there. doh!!
    I would of asked for a second opinion but I guessed they didn't work there either so I never bothered.
    In a previous life I worked in St Mary Abbots hospital and heard my booking clerk on the phone to a patient. All I heard was the clerk on the phone saying;
    There you are, I have made an appointment for you for 3 o' clock today

No, Today

No, 3 o' clock

Yes Today

This afternoon

Yes 3 o' clock

yes Today

3 o' clock this afternoon

No Today

ok see you then

When she arrived she had a large hat on with the chin strap looped under her armpits. Her hearing aid glasses had no lenses in them and when I had finished examining her she took 20 minutes to get dressed. The nurse went in to find out if she was alright and she found her giving herself a manicure. Then she called a taxi and when it arrived she went straight past it and walked home!

Doctors receptionists = lowest common denominator divided by 6
    Last edited by daviddeer; 22-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well upshot is i need a new knee, and the doctor has put me on a whole load of pills and potions as the waiting list is rather long, i have told her it will be at least a year before i can have it done, as it could not be until October next year, being self employed i could not afford the summer months off, too many missed opportunities for work, where as in the autumn / winter months its the website thats busier, so i can do bit n bobs at home
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @laura - have you not had it scraped yet ?....i take it its the cartilage ?
    my father had his left one done yrs ago, as he was like a 90 yr old trying to walk. - 1 mth after op, he,s off walking around the harbor, up street every day for his papers ect.

cortisone injections ? - i got one in my shoulder about 2mths ago... couple of days later, i was back training - but the dam thing is wearing off now, so getting another on the 15th this month - hopefully this one will last a tad longer

as for doctors appointments - ours is the exact same- there is ONE great receptionist who will fit me in somewhere, and the other one, is the receptionist from hell.
    I even put formal compliant in against this lady, saying there is not way she should be on the front desk dealing with the public. - phoned for to see doc - she says you have to phone at 8.30am....i said, i have for the last week and 8.32, there are none left.
    her answer - what do you want me to do about it?, phone earlier....

hell, if i make to see the nurse, she can give me appointment without any hassle to see the doc, so why cant the lady ( being polite here ) do her job properly ?

the nhs is going to hell IMHO....and doctors being put on stricter hours they can work, is only going to make the situ worse.
    Last edited by bigj2552; 03-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to make light of the situation but I find doctors receptionists to be some of the most annoying nosey people iv'e ever met, and I love the following story.
    Apologies if you've read it before.

Old man goes to doctors.......

As he approached the desk, the receptionist said, "Yes sir, what are you seeing the doctor for today?" "There's something wrong with my penis," he replied. The receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come into a crowded office and say things like that." "Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you," he said. The receptionist replied, "You've obviously caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the problem further with the doctor in private." The man walked out, waited a few minutes and then re-entered. The receptionist smiled smugly and asked, "Yes?' "There's something wrong with my ear," he stated. The receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. "And what is wrong with your ear, Sir?" "I can't piss out of it..."

Mal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very funny maybe i will print it off for them

trouble is bigj i do too much on the knee through the summer, this time of year i can take it a bit easier, apparently the injections wont help i already asked, but so far the anti inflams are doing their job, so i more season of agony follwed by an op next autumn i hope - might be able to ride my bike again then, instead of a bloody trike