Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson b1100
    By pesketta in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-11-2014, 07:23 PM
  2. Epson B1100
    By JOSI74 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
  3. Epson B1100
    By JackB in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 12:03 AM
  4. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
  5. Ink & ICC for Epson B1100
    By lisasaves in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-07-2010, 04:44 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poxy Epson B1100! Replacement suggestions

I've just had it with my third Epson B1100 - yet again problems with nozzles and colour issues. Has anyone else had lots of problems with Epson printers? It's not like there's much you can do wrong?!
    I've now got loads of ink that I can't use...

Anyone have any suggestions for a more reliable A3 dye sub printer? I'm sick of worrying whether my printer will make it through the busy Christmas periods and need something I can rely on for both maintenance and colour.
    Suggestions welcome ASAP!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve Palmer
    Something Personal -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about an Epson WF-7015 thats what i`m using now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever had any problems with it?
    Steve Palmer
    Something Personal -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`ve been through many numbers of Epson Printers and three Brother Printers, but this upper end Workhorse Printer has served me good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Is your epson suppored? With sawgrass ink and icc?
    also is your printer hooked up to ciss?

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was replaced under warranty in May last year for the same problems, but obviously now out of warranty. Yes all with CISS and sawgrass inks/icc - Sawgrass are great, always trying to help but they can't help as the printer is out of warranty. Typical this happens at the time you most need it!
    Steve Palmer
    Something Personal -

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reply is more of a doom and gloom reply really sorry but ....
    B1100 printers are crap simple as that i had no end of problems with mine and ive seen so many posts on here about problems with b1100s so id forget using them
    epson 1400 were pretty good printers but agin were not imune from problems
    epson 1500 is basically a 1400 with wifi

I dont know what problems you have had but im gonna hazard a guess and say one of your inks is giving a bad nozzle check or not printing at all normally i find this is the cyan ink . this is because cyan has larger particles than the rest apparantly. Ill also guess that if you changed the cart assembly it would solve the problem but only for a short while then it will probably reoccur

Things that can cause the printer to go wrong can be as simple as the enviroment inwhich the printer sits , if you have a damp room this will generally cause you problems

What you have to consider is that the small format printers are not designed to do the job you are asking them to do . the ink pump simply isnt up to the job on most small format printers.
    you could go down the route of a ricoh which is a lot more stable although they do have problems now n then but thankfully tend to be easily sorted

i cant comment on brothers as ive never used one but i believe brothers have a much higher capacity cart this means you can use carts without the need for a ciss and as it tends to be a ciss thats the weak link this would certainly help to create a more stable working machine.

My advice is get a ricoh infact get 2 for when one breaks down

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    B1100 was an awful printer, I got rid very quickly. I'm looking at selling my 1500 as I now have the Ricoh 7100. 1500 is a superb printer and hasn't let me down at all.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Workforce 1100 printer, which I think is the USA version of the B1100, and it has been really reliable. However I think, and this is only a personal opinion, that the problem lies with the inks. I have had over the years more problems with a certain manufacturers inks in lots of Epson printers where I have had to throw away the printers. Since changing to a different brand of ink I have had no problem. I have left my printer for a couple to three weeks just standing, done a quick nozzle check and away I go. I could never do this with the "recommended" source of inks. They always glooped up and had to clean everything down, cross my fingers and hope it worked. No such problem anymore. I know this is a sore subject but its about time the market opened up. If you have to delete this post Justin so be it. Just Sayin....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Simply answer to that would be Ricoh I guess :-) The 1500 was one of the better printers along with my P50 which was by far the best I've ever used. That said, they still need regular exercise.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!