Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Faded colors
    By IBprint in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 02:30 AM
  2. Faded colours on my Photo Mug...using a LC4 Press
    By Photomouse in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 02:55 PM
  3. Faded images near mug handle
    By Katie in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  4. Faded colours on i phone cases
    By Pauly in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
  5. Black looks faded and streaky help plz
    By SHrek1802 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 10:57 PM

Thread: Faded colours

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faded colours

Hi guys and girls
    I thought I would add this photo of my first 3 attempts at sublimation. The coaster worked perfectly at the given times and temp. The iPods I am disappointed with. Very little colour transfer. These were cooked at 200 deg for 40 sec, these were the instructions given by Listawood. I know the answer will be try different temps or times but could it be anything else? The paper is Trupix and the printer is Ricoh 3110 no setting were changed from the coasters to the iPods. The coasters were done first I done a set of 4. I think I got my hopes up to early.
    SAM_1511.jpg
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you make sure to take any plastic covering off the phone case metal? I know when we get them, it can be sometimes very hard to see that there is a plastic film on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look cant feel anything. Tried to lift the corner nothing there. I have another case that there is a blue film on that was not on the two I have already done.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm just guessing that may have been it, as there is a distinct shine on the transfer paper in your photograph I think? This doesn't look normal to me, so I'm guessing the plastic may have been left on and it melted onto the transfer paper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right as I saw that the other protective film was blue I didn't think to check these two as they looked white. They may have had a clear protective film! Also it makes sense as the paper didn't want to peel off easily!!!!!
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try the third one with the blue film off, and you hopefully will be ok! you'd be surprised how hard it can be sometimes to see that a clear film is on!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked the iPad cover I have and there was a clear film on that which I would have never noticed as well. Thanks for the help spongerobinson.
    As I am a newbie i'm sure there will be more learning curves coming up.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem mate :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the best type of Coaster for this - and where to find them ? I'm itching for more things to use my new press on.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nik the ones I have are from Listawood. I took advantage of the 10% discount and bought my printer and paper from them and asked for some samples, which they were kind enough to send me for free.
    The coasters are 90 x 90 wooden.
    Last edited by Quinsfan; 01-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Many thanks
    Iain