Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Acetate and smash proof mug boxes.
    By galerion in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2014, 11:54 PM
  2. Sublimation Mug Boxes / Custom printed boxes
    By Benn81 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-04-2014, 02:23 PM
  3. Original vs. soft-proof
    By Skye in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-01-2014, 05:32 PM
  4. Subli Smash Proof Box
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smash Proof Boxes, Really???

hey all
    well i recently bought 100 smashproof boxes for posting instead of my normal brown boxes and bubble wrap and scrap cardboard.
    im not impressed at all they are meant to be smashproof but i had a mail today from a customer saying she received a smashed mug
    im sure i seeing the video that these was unbreakable??
    well this must be a dodgy batch of boxes i just hope i dont get no more mail this week when the rest of the mugs reach their destination
    i have attached pics of mug it was also one of my dearest mug so really not impressed ha ha
    i know posting mugs is a gamble as they do not understand the word fragile or breakable
    but do you guys suggest using bubble wrap also with these boxes?
    just another expense then i think if these are claimed to be unbreakable surely bubble wrap would not make much difference
    well rant over just thought id share my smashable mug boxes with you all :)

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI DaG

I use the Listawood polystyrene box and a cardboard box. Its not the cheapest way to send mugs and I wouldn't say its indestructible but I carried out some scientific tests - dropping a packaged mug onto concrete and it survived a four foot drop ok, although it didn't land neatly onto corner of the box where the mugs handle was.

Bit of a coincidence you posting this as I was just about to post asking if anyone had a supplier of single mug boxes that were a bit bigger than the ones Coralgraph sell!

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have these boxes, not cheap are they ? £35 I paid for 100.

I have been using bubble wrap as I saw someone who sells a lot of mugs packing his that way.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know its only being one mug, but that is all it takes to lose confidence in something... but i thought the cost be worth it if it saved breakages, its just one of them things i guess :)
    but i think bubble wrap is good just for that extra piece of mind ill see how they rest go this week
    if there is many more im going back to the scrap cardboard :)

arthur - i will have a look at my old receipts later and tell you where i got my boxes from it wasnt from coralgraph or any mug suppliers
    the boxes was good but single wall just wasnt doing it for me, i had too many breakages
    these guys also can make you your own custom box so may be worth looking into but then the costs are just silly for a small amount

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no they aren't cheap but cheapest isn't always the most profitable ;o) and certainly isn't usually the best solution.

Bubble wrap is cheap but it takes time, you have to make it a snug fit in its box and tape it up, whereas with the the poly box all you have to do is drop the mug in - just have to make sure the handle goes in the right slot! Pop it in the cardboard outer, stick the address label on and its done.

The real secret here is to make the extra expense of the poly box a selling point to the customer and not try to make too big a margin on the boxes and make them dearer than the average punter would be willing to pay out.

Arthur

Arthur

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DaG

the coralgraph single boxes are spot on price wise but they aren't the highest quality - the white outer isn't really white its a bit grey but thats ok, I just wish they were 3 or 4mm bigger :o(

The integrity of the box isn't very important to me as I don't try to use them as postal boxes they are literally just something to take the mug home in (most of my stuff is collected from me) and to make wrapping the mug up easier, so its not too important if the mug rattles around a little bit in the box.

Be interested to know where your boxes were from DaG and see if I can get a couple of samples from them to try out

Arthur

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi DaG

Forget these boxes and get the polystyrene instead. When I used to sell a lot of single mugs I ended up throwing most of the "unbreakable" cardboard boxes in the bin as they are completely useless.

Now if I send singles I wrap in bubble wrap and send in a box standard mug cardboard box. Most of them survive, but I do not send many out as singles these days.

It is worth noting though that you have to put the mug in the box in a specific way in order for it to stand a chance of surviving.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Do u dunk mugs?

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    i use these boxes and haven't had any issues. I've put a mug in and played football with it, thrown it around (Royal Mail style) and they're excellent. What size mug is this and where were the boxes from? Forgive me if you've already mentioned this, I'm whizzing through posts right now ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still use bubble wrap.. I don't trust any postal service with my stuff lol
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..