Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Show off thread :)
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:36 AM
  2. Show Stands....(Show us yours)
    By smo in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 04:32 PM
  3. Disaster Thread.
    By NikGrey in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 10:06 AM
  4. Thread Closed
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM
  5. Jokes Thread
    By Stitch Up in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face not one for the show off thread

Just had 3 attempts at printing a mug for someone. I was happy with the 3rd one until I realised I'd printed it upside down

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaah, yes we have all done that at some point, i even did a name tag upsidedown on a polo shirt the other day
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We had a stockist complain about a set of mugs they had bought as part of a large order, that all the mugs in the set were printed upside down. The design itself was abstract and there was really no right way up from our point of view as the designers. But they had two of this set, and the wholesale catalogue, so could tell one set was wrong - they did want to send it back and have it replaced. I told them that we print abstract designs both ways to make them look more interesting when on the shelf, it two of the same design are stocked and on display.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my previous life as a photographer and photographic printer i had a job hand printing a couple of hundred postcard sized black and whites of an Indian guru.

Having sorted out my exposure times etc I decided that the image looked better if I flipped the neg over and printed it back to front. I have to say that it really did look 100% better. Feeling very pleased with myself I knocked out the couple of hundred prints and boxed them up to deliver in person to the customer.

Next day handed them over, customer opens the box and i stand their waiting for a vote of thanks and undiminishing appreciation of my printing skills, within a nano second he said

'these are all back to front'.

Just for a second I was caught on the hop but recovered quickly and said

'Ah yes but don't they look so much better that way around'.

'No'

Turns out that there was a little triangle of cloth showing on the front of the Gurus turban that was facing the wrong way. I had to go away and print them all again. i guess its one of those things that we all have to do, hopefully only once, at some time or another - ideally where it doesn't involve several hundred items though :o(

Arthur