Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Paul Hirst Marvelpress Introduction
    By Marvelpress in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 07:02 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Marvelpress Acrylics - Anyone use these?

I've been buying in relatively small quantities over the past year or so. Had a lot of quality issues with the products and wondered what anyone else's experience was with these blocks? When they're not damaged they print really well.

I've also noticed that several sizes disappear from the website, not sure if this is just because they're out of stock/unavailable etc.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expensive items to mess up I would think. Only ever done test prints rather than runs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Certainly are but there's a decent markup on them, especially the smaller ones. If they arrive undamaged!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick update on this. Quality issues appear to have been sorted and items are much better now.

I have an issue printing the blocks in that the paper is sticking to the back very badly. Thought this was down to moisture so I'm making sure all moisture is gone in a pre-heat but paper is still sticking. Can't work it out, never had one stick in the past and now all are sticking!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would think that paper sticking is more of a heat issue with coating melting. This can often be a problem with coatings where one batch is fine at 195 then the next batch struggles at 170. Had with metal in the past along with standard mugs. It's trial and error in bringing time and/or temp down to avoid sticking but get good colours.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only done a few of these but they turned out really nice. Not done enough to see quality issues between batches but I did have an issue with the paper sticking and assumed I'd overcooked it slightly or used the wrong type of sub paper (I used Trupix).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Spoken to Marvelpress who've said it could be down to excessive pressure or possibly the paper and recommended a high release paper.

I've tried again tonight with Xpres paper, slightly lower pressure. Worked better, still stuck a little but not as much.