Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brother printers for sublimation use.
    By JSR in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 27-07-2015, 03:58 PM
  2. A3 printers for sublimation
    By Miffmiss in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-06-2015, 12:17 PM
  3. Sublimation printers working environment
    By dixie in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 12:16 AM
  4. Help with choosing sublimation printers,
    By sensor in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation printers

Hi

I have a epson BX310FN and a epson SX115 lying about which have not been used i was wondering would one of these or both be suitable to use as a sublimation printer any help would be great.
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: Sublimation printers

helo mate! they propobly would but this is no about printer. is all about support. sawgrass do not support those printers so you wont find ICC for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for info paul. I think i'm going to have to buy proper sublimation and face the music the computer who sold me the S21 have ripped me off (i even bought 2 of them).
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long ago did you buy them?

Can you not do returns under the DSRs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    How long ago did you buy them?

Can you not do returns under the DSRs?
    Had them about 2 weeks now, I rather just keep them want nothing more to do with company they over 4 weeks to send everything i was supposed to get in package and it took many calls and emails to get stuff sent so would rather not deal with them trying to get a refund.
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

well..;. keep those printers and get custom made profile. so you kac have them as back up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a epson BX310FN and a epson SX115 lying about which have not been used i was wondering would one of these or both be suitable to use as a sublimation printer
    Sorry Matthew, these printers are supported with either an ink system or profile. You options for a supported printer, colour management and inks are going to be:
    A4: Ricoh GXe3300 (ICC Profile or PowerDriver - supplied)
    A4: Epson B40W (ICC Profile - supplied)
    A3: Epson B1100 (ICC Profile - supplied)
    A3: Epson Photo 1400 (ICC Profile - supplied)
    A3: Ricoh GX7000 (ICC Profile or PowerDriver - supplied)

These are in price assending order! The ICC profiles are for use with PhotoShop or CorelDraw whereas the PowerDrive software can be used with any software.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bms
    The ICC profiles are for use with PhotoShop or CorelDraw
    Not that I want to correct you, but ICC profiles can be used with other ICC-aware software and even with non-ICC aware software. Spending vast fortunes on PhotoShop and/or CorelDraw is not a requirement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but ICC profiles can be used with other ICC-aware software
    You're correct JSR - I recall another post about this a little while ago, but from memory the help files on the CD for help in setting up graphics packages are restricted to PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements and CorelDraw. Other packages might be less well "officially" supported.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the subject of profiles, how do we obtain updated profiles? I'm still using "Artainium UV+ 1400 v1.icm" - is there a newer one?

Quote Originally Posted by bms
    but ICC profiles can be used with other ICC-aware software
    You're correct JSR - I recall another post about this a little while ago, but from memory the help files on the CD for help in setting up graphics packages are restricted to PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements and CorelDraw. Other packages might be less well "officially" supported.
    I always find it amusing that, after having charged through the nose for their ink, they then only give instructions for software that would bankrupt you if you bought it legitimately. It's almost as though they don't want our businesses to succeed! :lol:

Besides which, I don't recall ever receiving any Sawgrass instructions in which they explain what "rendering intents" are or what "black point compensation" does. They just provide a checklist for general use. So much for "officially supported" software... :roll:

Using ICC-aware software like Photoshop and CorelDraw is good because they allow soft-proofing, but soft-proofing is only any good if you have a properly colour-managed system (calibrated monitor, and accurate input profiles for the photos/designs you're supplied with). Who actually does anything more than just follow Sawgrass' instructions like it's a recipe? It could be said that if you have a properly colour-managed system then you won't need Sawgrass' instructions because you'll already know what you're doing, and if you do need their basic instructions then it's a sure fire bet that the rest of your system isn't colour-managed anyway so why use software that soft-proofs in the first place?

The ideal instruction for them to supply would be how to use the profile with non-ICC aware apps (i.e., via the printer driver) so that it works with everything - because, then, everyone could use their ink regardless of what software they have (surely they'd sell more if the impression they give wasn't "you can only use it if you've bankrupted yourself with Photoshop or CorelDraw"..?). If Sawgrass then want to supply additional instructions for ICC-aware software (if, for some oddball reason, the user doesn't already have a colour-managed system) then that's fine. Is that just too sensible? ;)