Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Making it in the Dye Sub Market
    By Josh205 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-09-2014, 04:06 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-09-2014, 09:18 PM
  3. Happy xmas ......Thats it all done till next xmas Phew
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 02:17 AM
  4. For Sale Market stall, stock and equipment
    By Market Mik in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-10-2012, 01:05 PM
  5. Stall at Ladies Night Advice Please
    By Dee10 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First big stall (Xmas Market) coming up.. Panicking now lol

Hi All,

Just thought I would share that I have managed to secure a chalet at my local Xmas Market. It's the first one of its kind here in St Albans and took quite a bit of negotiations to get the last 2 days but managed it and am now panicking with all the last minute prep. I have had to get in a lot more stock than I normally hold just in case demand is high as it will be too late to order any more before Xmas! I will also be trying to offer on the day printing but the organisers are being very strict about the power allocation so I will just have to bring the presses down and try my best. Anyway I will try to get some pics up of the event and the chalet when it happens and wish me luck!

Phil

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Be careful with power, usually at markets you're limited to 100 watts, mainly to light your stall. If too many people bend the rules, the power trips out, and everyone suffers. Christmas trading is busy, and I'd be surprised if you had time to be printing to order on the stall. Maybe take orders (and a deposit) for collection next day.
    Having your stall well lit is more important than running your heat press, especially if trading goes on til late afternoon/early evening.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats what I was thinking, I'll be looking to take orders on the day for next day collection and my shop is 10 mins away at the other end of town. I can also offer to deliver locally if the order is for quite a few items but will make that decision on the day. Thanks for the advice :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your shop is 10 mins away offer a orders before 12 will be able to collect by 5,have a runner back and forth to the shop

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Angloman View Post
    if your shop is 10 mins away offer a orders before 12 will be able to collect by 5,have a runner back and forth to the shop
    ..Assuming you have a competent person in the shop :)

When I first saw the comment about being limited to 100W power the first image that popped into my mind was a few of you all gathering around a 100w watt Bulb (Yes, not a Lamp - a Bulb) trying to keep warm :)

But you will be far too busy for that - I would love to do that, have a stall somewhere this close to the big day.

Good Luck.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I run 12 9watt CFL bulbs for lighting our stall at Greenwich in London, just over the 100 watt I am supposed to use, but I get away with it, and a small laptop for keeping business admin stuff going whilst away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angloman View Post
    Would love to but Im a one man band so nobody I can trust to do that side of things for me! Am gonna offer local delivery for that evening or collection next day or even from the shop from Sunday till Xmas eve!

Thanks for all the comments anyway and I am going to treat tomorrow as a dry run of sorts with mostly stock items on display but hopefully will take some orders as well. Then tomorrow evening I can decide on how to proceed with the BIG Saturday hopefully but heavy rain is scheduled which is a shame.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Print christmassey designs onto mugs and coasters, people want things they can buy quickly and easily on impulse rather than ordering something that they can collect later. Products priced £5-£10 should be easy sells especially this close to Christmas, with a lot of last minute panic buys. Have an upselling offer, for instance buy 5 coasters and get a 6th one free type thing. Have clear pricing that is easy to read, and the same for any offers, have them clearly advertised so people can see what they can get etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, if I ever have to get really close to something to see what the deal is I am put off - if you can have it so people can see prices from far away.. then they will be far more likely to approach your stall.
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Even then customers get it wrong, or still have to ask. I have a sign which says "buy 6 coasters for the price of 5!" and have had so many customers think that means it is £5 for 6 coasters! when they are also already marked as £5 each.