Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale 11oz Mug Press
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 02:33 AM
  2. For Sale Mug press for 11oz mugs
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26-05-2011, 08:52 PM
  3. 10oz / 11oz mugs - how much difference??
    By justme in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 20-03-2011, 02:05 PM
  4. 10oz and 11oz mugs
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 06:17 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11oz mug press with 10oz mug?

Hi all!

I'm new to mug printing - I have the heat press, a Ricoh printer and the paper etc - all ready to go. Today I will hopefully do my first mug!!

I bought the mug press from Monster Doodle (http://www.monsterdoodles.co.uk/mug_...?category_id=1) with an 11oz mug sleeve.

This morning I've been looking (for hours!) at packaging options for the mugs. There is a lot of discussion about polystyrene vs the double sided cardboard boxes, but based on this post from Justin I am going with the Subli.co.uk ones. The trouble is, I see you must use their own mugs... They all seem to be 10oz. (see: http://www.subli.co.uk/shop/dye-subl...s/cat_128.html)

My question (I'll get there in the end) is will these mugs work in the 11oz sleeve?

I really like the Orca coated ones. Does anyone have any experience with these? http://www.subli.co.uk/shop/dye-subl...6/prod_88.html

Thanks for any help on this!

PS) I am also trying to find a template for the mug if anyone has a link to some blanks??

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you just want a blank template for a mug - ie the area that you can print in - measure the mug. Measure top to bottom and knock a bit off if you don't want full bleed, or add about 7 or 8 mm on for full bleed. To get the circumferential size - wrap a piece of paper round the mug - space one end as close to the handle as you want to go and mark the other end accordingly - then measure the paper from the end to the mark - simples. One thing you need to know is how close to the handle you can reliably print the handle acts like a heat sink and can lead to poor quality printing if you go too close - trial and error soon sorts that out!

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .. lol Again I have what you are using, the Orca Coated Mugs and their Boxes (expensive).

I dont like the Orca Coatings personally - they have Zero Polyester overspray on the bottoms which means I cant get my stamp onto them, not a big deal for you probably but I found that the paper stuck to these mugs no matter what pressure I used. the finished Mugs werent as good as the Mugs I use now either, maybe that was just my personal setup but I wont be using them again.

The Packaging boxes are good though, they only guarantee them if you use their mugs (Subli.co.xx) - they are good boxes but expensive.

Our Tall Friend gave me some similar boxes to try - same design almost but with thinner card (and not with the white side as the SUbli ones have) which dont look as nice (as they are brown) but do the same job. Just to be safe I will be using some bubble wrap in these boxes when I get some.
    Our tall friend sends out thousands of Mugs using these boxes and bubble wrap which is good enough to convince me, also they are cheaper.

If I were you, I would lok for the cheapest supplier and use the bubble wrap that BMS like to send their customers as a free gift :)

As for Mug Template, make one In Photoshop (or whatever you have) - mine is 220mm x 90 (I dont fill this entirely with an image). Cut the printed design down so you only have a couple of mm border.

As for your other post about a small logo, I would print several of these onto One of my Pre-Cut papers - cut them out and stick them where you want them. Maybe use a piece of copier paper or Teflon sheet if you have it to go between the mug and the blanket for extra safety.

That may not be the best way of doing it but thats the way I would do it right now. I am new to this though and am sure I will be changing my ways as I go.

With your set-up you probably wont get closer than 15mm away from the handle either side.
    Last edited by NikGrey; 05-01-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.daley View Post
    One thing you need to know is how close to the handle you can reliably print the handle acts like a heat sink and can lead to poor quality printing if you go too close - trial and error soon sorts that out!
    Thanks! that is good to know :)

Quote Originally Posted by NikGrey
    they have Zero Polyester overspray on the bottoms which means I cant get my stamp onto them
    How do you stamp the bottom? I looked at that, but couldn't see anything which did it? I thought about some vinyl stickers maybe?

NikGrey - so do you buy the mugs and boxes from the same place? There are SO many places to choose from!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys - I'm new to this forum but am also about to start printing my own mugs. I love the idea of the smash proof box and was considering getting those - and probably will. By the way mfacer - it does say the box will fit 8-12oz mugs - so not just the 10oz ones.

However, I also found this which looks quite interesting...

Although - you do need to buy the compressor to be able to use it which costs around £120.

http://www.subli.co.uk/shop/dye-subl...prod_1048.html

Anyway - hope that helps :-)