Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2021, 11:33 AM
  2. Sold Xpres Sublimation Kit, Excellent Condition
    By MugNewbie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-03-2014, 07:53 PM
  3. Where to buy 3d blackberry curve blanks
    By davidlionardy in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
  4. Still learning
    By TonyM in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 09:36 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning Curve-£10- excellent value.

There are times when I fully understand why people do apprenticeships / degrees / industry training etc related to the field they are working in. This is most apparent to me when getting the basics understood.
    That mentored guided training is invaluable and yet so many individuals don't realise it when they are being "forced" to do it.

Like many on this forum my background is not ceramics / design / or printing. There are times when I struggle, always due to stepping outside the most common boundaries.

However from the very beginning there has been support from members of this forum, from the simple "This is how to wrap a mug" to sRGB/RGB colour gamuts. The impressive thing is that some times an answer is given, other times it's a nudge in the right direction for me to explore, and how brilliant is that.

A recent example has been 3 weeks or so to resolve a printer problem. This has involved 5 experienced members poking me, guiding me, nurturing me etc. The issue is now resolved. Little cost to me other than ink used, paper used, substrates printed on and time. In total about £150, cost to replace the printer with it's new equivalent... approx £3000.

BUT I could not have gone on a course to learn everything I have during those 3 weeks for less then about £750. An engineer call out was £150 call out fee, then £100 per hour, and they couldn't be with me until the end of this week anyway.

So a big "THANK YOU" to all involved form my first mug right up to today.

That £10 is really worth it!

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And in these three weeks of sorting out your own printer, you will have learned a lot more about how it works, than if you'd got someone to do it, which in the long run will serve you better.
    Also, good that now you're in large format land, your inks cost pennies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    good that now you're in large format land, your inks cost pennies!
    Indeed I suspect I would have used an entire set of cartridges (or more) for my Ricoh 3110.