Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. printing problem
    By wilky007 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 10:02 PM
  2. problem printing with mug press
    By Skye in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM
  3. mug printing problem still :(
    By Billy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 15-02-2012, 12:06 PM
  4. Printing problem....?
    By Lee in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-04-2011, 04:51 PM
  5. printing problem
    By beabea1 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I actually put half the mug in the pressfor 45 secs, then placed the image, then cooked it....apologies I should've been clearer on that. That was to get the base hot, do you think that's a good idea or not??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here's the latest one done (on the right)

I covered more of the mug this time to really push it! The crinkles have gone, so maybe that was my error in placing the image, I also put half the mug in for 45 secs before placing the image.

For one the colours are a lot stronger than the first one, but some of the clouds have a little bit of a red tinge to them, so could that be too much heat??

But the bottom is still faded, admittedly it's a taller image. So not quite sure on that one whether I've still got to increase the pressure, or what.....any ideas?

this one it's difficult to see, but the clouds have a little bit of a red tinge to them (right hand mug)......so I'm thinking maybe go back to 180c for 180 secs?? Any thoughts guys??

Cheers

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I would definitely do it for longer once image is on the mug. Also don't put to much pressure on it. Just enough to close it and keep mug tight. If you put to much pressure on it image will lose its sharpness.
    also you can try to flip mug over in last 60sec.
    Last edited by Paul; 19-01-2014 at 06:16 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, do you mean cook it for longer.....there seems to be a rogue "o" in your post lol

Also one other thing I do that I read somewhere (which may be wrong), after I place my image, I wrap the mug in a piece of A4 paper, apparently it protects the blanket from stray ink.....I'mthinking this may also cause me a problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I would definitely o it for longer once image is on the mug. Also don't put to much pressure on it. Just enough to close it and keep mug tight. If you put to much pressure on it image will lose its sharpness.
    also you can try to flip mug over in last 60sec.
    Last edited by danno; 19-01-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well a further little update and 2 more mugs going to the charity shop! I got my Infra red thermometer out and cooked a mug at my current settings of 190c. For one it seems that the temperature given on the display is out by about 40c, The blanket didn't go above 160c (In the middle), and the mug got to just over 150c.......the base of the mug showed about 80c (mug warmed on the radiator for about 5 mins) so for one it would seem heating the base of the mug is essential using this press, and also upping the cooking temperature.

Been thinking a lot about this setup, and I'm thinking that if I raise the cooking temp by quite a bit (judging by my temp readings) I will not need so long to cook a mug otherwise I may get blowout problems OR do I keep the temp at 190c and cook for longer??? Any thoughts guys?

I am now down to my last 10 mugs!!!! So I'll be needing to get some more......any recommendations for where is the best place to buy for the straightest mug??
    Last edited by danno; 19-01-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    well a further little update and 2 more mugs going to the charity shop! I got my Infra red thermometer out and cooked a mug at my current settings of 190c. For one it seems that the temperature given on the display is out by about 40c, The blanket didn't go above 160c (In the middle), and the mug got to just over 150c.......the base of the mug showed about 80c (mug warmed on the radiator for about 5 mins) so for one it would seem heating the base of the mug is essential using this press, and also upping the cooking temperature.

Been thinking a lot about this setup, and I'm thinking that if I raise the cooking temp by quite a bit (judging by my temp readings) I will not need so long to cook a mug otherwise I may get blowout problems OR do I keep the temp at 190c and cook for longer??? Any thoughts guys?

I am now down to my last 10 mugs!!!! So I'll be needing to get some more......any recommendations for where is the best place to buy for the straightest mug??
    No doubt others will have recommendations but for me BMS. I buy from them and have 'never' had any problems. http://www.printerowners.co.uk/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Roger,thanks for the info.....I'm just starting a new thread on mug ID!!! I have a mug I got ages ago, which is a really nice quality product, would love to know where it comes from!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    o it for longer and compare.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    o it for longer and compare.
    I think you've lost your D paul!!! I did do it for longer, and it was just as rubbish!!! So I'm leaning towards my temperature not matching what it says on the display.

Ok as an aside thing here....not going to start a new thread as I don't want to clog up the forum with nonsense! so I'll put it here.....Below is an image of one of my recent disasters and a Mug I was bought a couple of years ago, now I know this is a daft question, but can anyone identify the mug on the left, it has a flatter handle, slightly shorter, but is a really nice very shiny mug, it also has a very small "tag" for want of a better word on the base (like a very faint circle with something in it - a letter maybe?), which you can't see in the photo! lol.....any ideas anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like BMS.