Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. advice needed please
    By puds in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 08:42 PM
  2. Advice needed please…..
    By twinx05 in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 14-02-2014, 08:53 AM
  3. Advice needed please
    By Xena in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 11:05 AM
  4. New Guy Here, advice needed.
    By dazjames in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-10-2012, 08:09 AM
  5. Advice needed
    By scottenti in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advice needed please…..

Hi,

I am a new member to DSF & am looking for some advice please.

I'm currently looking to set up my own business in Sublimation with a budget of around £800.

I am going to purchase the Ricoh A4 SG3110DN Sublimation Printer fromhttp://www.printerowners.co.uk/sublimation/701/ricoh-a4-sg3110dn-sublimation-printer.htm for £299.

Does anyone know of any mug press packages or 38x38 (or bigger ) heat press packages i could go for, or even better get all the three all in one go.

I would appreciate any help or advice on where to purchase a decent Mug Press & Flat bed press within my budget if possible.

Thanks for any advice or help given in advance.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Twinx05

For a mug press within your budget I would recommend the Genie sold by Listawoods, which you can get 20% off if you became a premium member. In terms of heat press within that sort of price range there is not much difference between them. Stahls and Adkins are considered two of the best but they are both out of your budget. So personally I would say that if you are going to purchase your printer from BMS then you may as well purchase the flat bed press from them as well.

BMS do sell mug presses and I am sure that someone will be able to advise on how good they are, as I do not have one I can not comment.

Good luck in your new venture
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BMS mug press.............a nice little press. I bought mine from there and once you've sorted the time/temp/pressure you'll get good results. I believe each press needs some experimenting with the time/temp/pressure to get good/consistent results so the BMS one is no different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 2 bms mug presses. Both run on identical settings, they do a good job and I work them hard.
    Janners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could either go for the DF30 flat bed press start up package from BMS (printerowners) or the DF1+ mug press option (both include printer and inks and run in at around the £600 mark).
    I am sure if you spoke to Martin up at BMS he could give you a price for the mug start up package with a flat bed added on or the other way around.
    We use the Ricoh A4 with the DF12 mug press and a flat bed originally from BMS years ago and still going strong now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks ever so much for all your feed back. I am going to give BMS a call now to sort a price out for the complete package.

Thanks again...

ps, does anyone know where I can get mug ready image downloads , to start me off while I get used to CorelDraw photoShop etc...
    I've seen some great images on ShutterStock but don't fancy paying that much Subscription charge...

thanks in advance for any feedback.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You would have to be paying a lot more than the standard subscription for the necessary licensing to use ShutterStock images on the types of products you'll want to be making with sublimation. Be careful when looking at websites like shutterstock to read the terms and conditions of their different licenses to see which one you would need to pay.