Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New to forum
    By colmac01 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-09-2014, 03:58 PM
  2. I feel like crying into my cereal..
    By Renniwano in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
  3. Feel Cheated
    By James Fulwood in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-07-2011, 10:10 PM
  4. Printable vinyl - feel like a pillock!
    By busybusybee in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2010, 11:40 AM
  5. is this copyright protected ?
    By NASH in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Won't stop them selling it over and over though?
    with date on the note :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people have been scammed / ripped off in the for sale section? I havnt heard of anyone being duped arnt we looking for a solution to a problem that doesnt exist. Id say premium members only allowed to sell is more than sufficent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i would say there is a need for more protection...
    is to early to speak up loud, but if no luck i am sure we will be able to spill some beens...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, I think what Justin was trying to say was selling them over and over again, through other forums and auction sites ... as well as here, all at the same time. A label wouldn't be proof that the item is still available for sale.
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great here they are

[h=Buying Some Helpful Guidelines]3[/h]

1. Before paying for anything via PayPal gift or Bank transfer make sure that you have the sellers address, telephone number and email address.
    2. Register your credit card with PayPal and pay using that method as funds, as that way in the event of a claim being dismissed by PayPal you can hopefully fall back on your credit card company.
    3. Check the whole forum not just the feedback section for any adverse comments that might affect the sale, it might only be a small comment but could affect your decision to pay for something without seeing it.
    4. If in doubt and you still decide to proceed then pay via a normal PayPal transaction and either agree to accept the PayPal fees or use that as part of the negotiations.
    5. If you are paying cash on collection then make sure that the advertised description matches your perception, if in doubt then leave alone.
    6. Apparently when completing a personal transaction with a private seller once it is complete and the goods are in your possession then there is no recourse through the Small Claims Court, this does not apply when a business is selling you a product.
    7. if the original owner hasn’t registered the items and is prepared to hand over the original receipt then you may stand a better chance with any warranty claims.
    8. If things do go wrong then in the first instance call the seller (you did get his number didn’t you?), back it up with an email, if no success after say a week, then put a post up on the feedback section asking if anyone else has experienced a problem, the seller might genuinely be away on holiday or similar. Be factual and do not defame the seller.
    9. Providing you followed the advice, then register a claim with PayPal, give them all the details and be patient, PayPal don’t hurry themselves, but providing you didn’t pay via a gift then you should get your money back, if they decline then providing you have paid via your credit card as funds you could then claim via them.
    10. If after say two weeks or earlier if you are really sure that you have been scammed or defrauded out of money then consider registering the problem on http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ or call them on 0300 123 2040, let others know in the feedback section and if there is still a live post in the classifieds that you have had a problem, that way it will reduce the amount of other members being scammed.
    11. If you have had to report a claim with Action Fraud then it may help to let the seller know that you have reported him, it’s surprising what the fear of a visit by the police will produce.
    12. Don’t withdraw your claim with Action Fraud until everyone has been satisfied, as it can reduce the impact of the scam/problem with them.
    13. There is no point contacting the police directly as they will only refer you to Action Fraud.
    14. Always after having a transaction with a member leave feedback.
    15. Finally Future publishing aren’t liable for anything going wrong with a sale and you have no recourse through them, however it is always worth sending one of the moderators a personal message letting them know what has gone on so they can decide if the member/scammer needs action to be taken on his account.

I hope this helps, if you think you can add anything then I'm sure other members would appreciate it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arko View Post
    Paul, I think what Justin was trying to say was selling them over and over again, through other forums and auction sites ... as well as here, all at the same time. A label wouldn't be proof that the item is still available for sale.
    sucha proof dosnt exist. But this is still great and simple way to see if somebody got this item.
    No matter how you check, you wont be able to know that somebody does not sepll it outside the forum.

Iam admin of one of the biggest photography equipment for sale on facebook. Over 11000 members. Huge and busy. Since we started with note next to your gear we menaged to reduce spamers adds and and incresed ammount of genuine posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    i would say there is a need for more protection...
    is to early to speak up loud, but if no luck i am sure we will be able to spill some beens...
    Paul you sell mug templates how are you going to photograph and date stamp them ? if there is an ongoing issue that none of us know about i wonder how wise it is for this discussion to continue until its resolved either way

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Iam not sure You just tried be funny now or sarcastic brett?
    I hope to belive iam a trusted enough member of this forum compare to someone who just joined in and decided to sell hiss £200 press?
    Last edited by Paul; 18-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Uam not sure uou just tried be funny now or sarcastic brett?
    I hope to belive iam a trusted enough member of this forum compare to someone who just joined in and decided to sell hiss £200 press?
    oh for gods sake paul why do you have to take everything i say to you as a personal attack ! i wasnt being funny or sarcastic its a fact i used your sales as an example and im right in what i say you suggested that a photo of items for sale should be accompanied by date stamps signitures god knows what i merely pointed out that this wasnt feasable in all cases ie someone who sells templates couldnt possibly date stamp and sign the items for every individual sale . I also pointed out that if there is someone who as had problems with a sale from that section then it may not be wise to discuss this subject until that problem has been resolved . There was no suggestion that you are dishonest in any way and im sorry if i used you as an example . i also have no idea what the heck you are on about regarding a £200 press and unless this information is freeley available then perhaps you should be less cryptic .
    I think i'll refrain from posting in future !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    There was no suggestion that you are dishonest in any way and im sorry if i used you as an example
    no problem. just please don't do this in future.
    i also have no idea what the heck you are on about regarding a £200 press
    just as a example. physical press that can not be copied can not be compared to non physical goods as my templates.