Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Would this laser printer serve my needs.
    By Markola in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-09-2014, 01:00 PM
  2. What laser printer should I get.
    By harlequeen in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 04:42 PM
  3. Laser Printer ?
    By Kahboose in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  4. help laser printer
    By jennywren in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 02:32 AM
  5. dye sub Laser printer
    By carneage in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-04-2011, 12:51 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best laser printer for laser transferes ?

Logobear have used Xerox DC12 for our laser transfere printing for over 10 years, - it is a big old beast, but absolutely the very very best laser printer ever made for toner laser transfer.
    The problem is that since the model is 20 years old, there are only Windows XP drivers, and Microsoft stop XP support next month.
    Universal drivers do not support manual feed, or extra heavy paper stock settings needed for good fuser action.
    TMT recommend Oci C610 A4 laser printer for about £500 or unsupported for about £400 but I wonder if you have any suggestions?
    I have a Oci 711w and would prefere a CMYK A3 laser if possible, but understand the fuser units of A3 laser units cannot deal with fusing to heavyweight transfere media....
    Your thoughts or experience?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts would be if the printer is working fine and your happy with the quality, then keep going with Windows XP for now. If you have a computer running XP that you don't have to connect to the net, then I wouldn't be worried in the slightest about Microsoft stopping support. If it's connected to the internet then you are more prone to problems. Windows XP is a pretty solid os IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if my XP is on the network, surely it is connected..... and extra vunerable ?
    ALSO - it is a PITA to have to work on 1 pc, - then save as a lower version, re-open on the XP and print, - fonts etc can be different and stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's on an internet connected network then yes. I wouldn't think it's any more vulnerable then normal though. It should be possible to disable internet traffic on a specific machine, and just use it for local network access, but again this doesn't help with software versions, fonts, etc.

I know how much of a pain it can be working on different computers and transferring files though...we use 3 different macs and trying to ensure fonts are on each one and the likes, is a right pain. Just seems a shame if it's such a good printer to let it go!

We don't print laser transfers ourselves, so can't really comment on the quality of the printers you mentioned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Oki C821N which is A3 colour and seems to work fine with TMT transfer paper although admittedly it isn't used much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XP support might be stopping but unless you need upgrades I don't see any problem just continuing to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    will i still be able to get service packs if i do a clean re-install?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Microsoft

Yes, all existing Windows XP updates and fixes will still be available via Windows Update and WSUS.
    Its on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...f-support.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    TMT recommend Oci C610 A4 laser printer for about £500 or unsupported for about £400 but I wonder if you have any suggestions?
    Is there much change between the supported and unsupported versions? Im still looking to buy an A4 laser but not sure what I should do , how does the unsupported version fair with TMT / Xpres papers?
    Mimaki CG60-st cutter , Ricoh 3110 sub printer , OKi laser , Epson inkjet , 2x heat press , mug press , cap press, Flexisign pro and coreldraw X6..............and learning ...........

and now a Roland SP-300v Versacamm !!!!!!