Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Show off thread :)
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:36 AM
  2. why me? electrical disaster
    By arthur.daley in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-03-2014, 05:34 PM
  3. not one for the show off thread
    By printeire in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  4. trying to find a thread
    By Craig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 12:04 PM
  5. Thread Closed
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Disaster Thread.

It happens to us all and it may help to publish our mistakes in order to hopefully prevent others from making the same mistakes.

I shall begin..

My first attempt at re-purposing a Promo bag obtained from the 2014 P&P show:

165c for 20 secs (as per the Metamark 'metatex' guide for Polyester/Acrylic mix). I am unsure of the composition of this bag material :(

I did use my Teflon sheets above and below this - and Two 5mm Mouse mats (side by side) to get over the depth of the bag seams. The Bag Material did not stick to my Teflon sheets and there was no mess apart from the obvious:

.. I have been able to work out through trial and Error that 145c for 15 secs works with this material.
    Last edited by NikGrey; 26-03-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nik

I think material is polyurethane and is really crappy ;-)

However I have just done some exhibition bags that are made of this material and the trick is to make sure you get vinyl that will transfer at 125 degrees. Material that does work is Soldark from The Magic Touch and 123 flex also from TMT.

Very light pressure and also padding both inside the bag and surrounding it are also key.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a polyester messenger bag, came out really good, only later I noticed the zip compartment under the print had become stuck together so the next one had a teflon sheet in the compartment and it worked ok.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Been there, in fact one of my very first jobs and certainly my first decent order when starting out was for a couple of hundred document bags wanted by a customer for a Tradeshow. I sourced the exact bag they wanted, ordered all the vinyl (nylon vinyl) , spent hours weeding the design out and then pressed the first bag.... Absolute disaster the material of the bag completely melted under the press, no matter what I did I couldn't get these to work.

End result I had to go back to the customer and tell them I couldn't fulfill the order, and I seriously thought about giving up the whole print/sublimation line of work there and then purely off the back of this.

Fortunately they were very good about it and have become one of my best customers since then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remembering when you need to.. and don't need to mirror an image..

Thus not wasting 30 sheets of transfer paper because you didn't get the right one !! lol
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to print on my Helly Hansen Thermal top........ohhh sticky melted stuff!

Janners