Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ink Shelf life
    By Johnellisimages in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 08:00 PM
  2. CPM 6.1/2 shelf life.
    By ArferMo in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 05:57 PM
  3. Ink Separation and shelf life.
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-12-2014, 06:58 PM
  4. sublimation ink shelf life
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 06:00 PM
  5. Does dye-sub ink have a shelf life?
    By monsters in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shelf Life of sub-printed sheets?

OK let me set the scene

I'm using a 311dn with sawgrass inks and trupix paper

Let's assume I've stored the printed paper in a plastic box so it's not getting grimey, How long can I keep a print before I have to press it? am I looking at hours / days / weeks / years?

The reason I ask is I take a press events so can press items to order, but I don't take a pc/printer, so I want to print a bunch of designs and take some blanks as it's the difference between an transit van full of high risk slow moving printed stock and an astra van full of low risk, quick moving blank stock.

sorry if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it with a search)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I did a show last year, which I will be repeating again this year, I printed stuff on the Wednesday and Thursday and set up on the Fridays, and was there Saturday, Sunday and the Monday, and used the stuff i had printed and they all turned out alright. But having said that, I have noticed stuff I printed a couple of days ago, which I had run a few extra of had turned a funny colour. Mind you they had just been left out and not covered!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had no problems with transfers I printed months ago, stored away from sunlight of course.

Alan

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We run off transfer from the wideformat printer in batches, and leave the transfers in piles/sets draped over the printer itself - these can be left for months before they finally all get used (depending on the design/product) and have had no problems with doing this for a while now. The room has a blackout blind, as I can't see the computer monitor properly with sunlight streaming in, so not much chance of them getting sun-bleached.
    This is using InkTec inks, and sublimation papers from Coldenhove and InkTec. I cannot comment specifically on Sawgrass inks and papers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Ricoh prints left for a few months get as yellow halo around them and make them unusable.
    Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 'Pauls Mug Test Image' on the wall, it's been there for months and has faded a bit - there is also signs of this 'yellow Halo'. It is not in Sun light but is in the general air of the room (often the air in here is Blue from swearing) - I also have this image printed in a Mug for comparison (I think that is what it was intended for).

For my Sub printer I have pre-cut Mug Paper from Marvelpress and I notice that the sides of the 'Stack' are 'Yellowing' and certainly the bottom sheets are also yellowing but I put that all down to the fan inside the printer drawing air through and past the paper.

In the early days I remember watching a sort of Tutorial video by a big bloke from somewhere near Essex who said they used to pre-print (and store) their Mug images but no longer do it due to them degrading - I would start testing now as it probably largely depends on the paper being used.

Personally I would have thought you would be ok for a week or so with these.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks folks, I'll admit I wanted to hear "yeah they'll last for years" as I can go to one show and sell loads of design x so take more to the next show and sell none, predicting these things seems impossible

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    months....
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if they did last for years, there is no guarantee that the punters will want to buy last years offerings anyway!

I try to take at least half of my offerings different from last year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with my product range, some items never date, retro never gets old ;)