Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Screen printing set up
    By Jason in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 02:18 PM
  2. screen printing
    By Paul in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 12:33 PM
  3. screen printing
    By jennywren in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM
  4. Screen printing - Tee's
    By Justin in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-07-2011, 02:12 AM
  5. Screen Printing Mag
    By AJLA in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Thread: Screen printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen printing

hi all

i'm interested in starting screen printing but know nothing about it! what is the kind of initial outlay that i should expect and can you recommend any good brands of machines?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screen printing is gonna set you back about a grand.

Things you'll need: carousel: i got mine for £350 ish. Was a preorder on ebay. Its 4 colour 2 station. Doesn't have micro registration though.

screens: think mine were £23 each from art2screen. They were very slow on delivery though
    emulsion
    screen degreaser
    scoop coater
    squeegees
    screen print ink. Id recommend plastisol type if starting out
    flash dryer (or a heat gun will get you by)
    exposure unit. (again you could use a halogen light. I built my own using one. Its quite slow to expose screens though. If you got the cash get a metal halide light instead. I've just bought one but still waiting for it to arrive. It should reduce exposure times from 12 minutes to under 5.
    tunnel dryer ot something to cure your shirts. Flash dryer would do it or you could use a heat press if you have one.
    clear acitate sheets to print you designs on

it all adds up quite fast!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostee For This Useful Post:

jord (22-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it does not need to be expensive to begin with, i started with one screen/squeegee, some emulsion and one pot of ink. i exposed my screen with a 5quid builders lamp from screwfix hung from my attic steps. to print my wife held the screen in place while i did the ink thing. re the lamp, i continued to use this method for well over a year until getting a proper lightbox.

then next thing you'll want is a single frame press, the clamps are well under 20quid and the wood can be scrap. http://emilyowenartist.wordpress.com...rinting-press/

my top tips... buy good ink, i use permaset primarily. buy good emulsion (i use a water based specific emulsion from steve wood). i would not buy any ink or emulsion from art2screenprint, in my experience the stuff they sent out on many occasions to me was awful. a 5quid fan heater is a must for drying screens.

screenprinting is not easy, when it works its stunning but my goodness its frustrating when it does not!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gavtheoldskater For This Useful Post:

jord (22-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning guys just a quickie, I am trying to print a stencil using vinyl then applying it to my screen print frame/mesh but after applying my application tape to the vinyl to remove the vinyl backing, then sticking it onto my mesh fram etc, I try pulling the Application tape of but the vinyl comes off with it, no matter how much I press it on with my sqygee it just comes of with the app tape, now the app tape I am using I have now found out that is strong tack so does anyone think using low tack would do the job?? my question is what do you guys use or will I have to get the emulsion sheets and go down that road

thanks guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Would be better for you to start a new thread as this one is a couple of years old :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!