Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Help with Mock ups in CorelDraw
    By liannef in forum Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-02-2015, 08:23 PM
  2. 3D phone case mock up software
    By we-print in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 08:58 AM
  3. mock up designs
    By Neilb78 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 01:01 AM
  4. mock up
    By guarddog14 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-06-2014, 03:07 AM

Thread: 2D mock ups

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2D mock ups

I've seen other threads on this, but nothing which suits me.

I'm looking for a desktop program or web app which will generate a high quality mock up of a mug, about 1000px square. It doesn't need to rotate and I don't want to pay £100s per month. Just upload a jpeg and get a mock up to save as a jpeg. The handle doesn't need to be visible either. Simple and quick....any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    photoshop with an action psd script
    Directdesignsupplied.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you said that you didn't want to pay hundreds per month, but wasn't sure if you wanted to pay for the software or get it free. Either way, I've always found Boxshot 3D (now Boxshot 4) to be very good as it allows for the built-in shapes (mugs included) but also the importing of various 3D models so you can do your own, from iPhones to drinks cans. It's $79, which I believe is around fifty quid, but very easy to use and gives photorealistic results as it's genuine ray tracing. You can even change the liquid, and the whole scenario can be fully manipulated to have different lighting, floor reflections, background colours, cameras from any angle etc.

I've got mine set up so that I have four different preset views and I replace the image on the mug each time so that all of my mockups are identical.

http://boxshot.com/boxshot/

Here's one of my typical mockups, crudely cropped to remove the excess white space just to focus on the mug itself.

combustible_lemon_mug_01.jpg

EDIT: Apologies for the fuzziness; the forum software appears to have compressed it quite a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that...yeah I could shell out £50. With your example I would want to twist that mug around so that the handle wasn't visible too much in case I change my mug style. Can I do that with boxshot? That looks good, all I want to do is pop ina jpg and get a hi-res photo back out. I know nothing about 3D modelling and have no time to learn new software..is it easy to use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, 100%... it's an actual 3D environment where you can move absolutely everything however you want it, whether it's to shunt it around all over the place or just rotate the X, Y, or Z axis. You can alter perspective, zoom in and out, all that stuff :) It's dead simple - you get the environment, select what you want to drop into it (shape, mug, t-shirt etc) and select which image(s) you want to place on it... then hit the render button. If you need some help with it, you can hit me up. I can even send you my project files for the mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How long does it take to render a 1024 pix image?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll obviously depend on the power of your PC, but mine are generally 2-3 minutes (at most) for a full ray trace, and shorter for a draft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll download the trial and see how I get on with it. It will be quicker than printing 400 mugs, photographing them, adjusting them Photoshop and then having 400 mugs sitting around waiting for a sale. Cheers mate!