Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Adkins Studio Twin Mug Press - Set Up
    By thecartoonman in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 04:42 PM
  2. For Sale Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 01:09 AM
  3. Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 10:25 AM
  4. Adkins Studio Mug Press Temp
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 09:22 PM
  5. Sold Adkins Studio Mini Clam Press and Ricoh 3110 sublijet printer
    By bigdougie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 08:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adkins Studio Press

Has anyone used the Adkins Studio Press? I am interested in hearing about how well they perform. I've read about the reliability of Adkins. Also that some people feel the studio press is closer to the cheap chinese presses in construction. But I've never actually read anything from someone who is using one. I would be using it to weld seams on waterproofs etc with technical heat seam tape. I think the cap press would be easiest for this. I'd also like the possibility of being able to make some signs etc, so am attracted to the possibility of a press that is versatile with add ons. It's early days for me with this so am not fixed on any outcomes, just tring to learn more before I spend my money. Hopefully then I'll spend it wisely

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone who is interested in seeing how heat welding fabrics can be useful, here is a link http://youtu.be/Ne2J01h1tZ0 It's a small scale way of doing repairs that a heat press can be used for. Maybe it will be useful for you too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this Adkins Studio Senior from Xpres a week or two ago and it's the best £900 (ish) that I've spent in a long time. Build quality is insane, very simple to use, and the electro-magnetic release really frees me up.

Take it from me, it's nothing like a cheap Chinese press. I used a cheap Chinese press for almost two years, constantly had to keep tightening screws, adjusting the tension, ruining stuff because of sporadic cold spots, ended up with metal dust all over the top of the platen because of how poorly made it was that it kept grinding itself. Sure, it did me well for two years (apart from the wastage) but this Adkins press is solid and seriously well built.

http://www.aadkins.com/senior.php

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that artygamer. It's the first I've heard from someone who is using one. You are obviously chuffed with it. Nice one The model I'm looking at is the studio versa plus. http://www.aadkins.com/versa.php it means if I buy the cap attachment I can use that for my repairs and still have a flat press for signs and photos available. I'm seriously thinking about it. It would be £650 with the cap attachment from xpres minus 10% for being a member, it is very tempting....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Adkins Studio (But the Junior version - 100mm shorter than Arty's version) and its a joy to use.

I had a few problems to start with as I managed to get One of a faulty batch, never with bad build quality - my problem was that the control board was not calibrated properly at the factory and as I spent a few quid on this I wanted to work exactly as advertised so kept on until I got what I wanted.

Some say these are like Chinese versions but thats just because they share the same 'Clam' design - because thats the most efficient way of closing the plates evenly. you can see/feel that these are built properly.

I got an excellent deal from xPress.

Buying One of these means it retains its re-sale value so if you want to upgrade etc you will still get a good price for the adkins - you dont see them for sale very often as people tend not to want to part with them.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read your other thread on resolving the problems when you first had your machine. You're obviously happy with it now though. That's good that your initial confidence in the Adkins was eventually vindicated. I think you are right about the resale value which is another reason for looking at Adkins. Also because I need the cap attachment and want a flat press option in the same machine it reduces the amount of presses which are suitable.