Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3d printers
    By galerion in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2013, 10:22 PM
  2. OKI printers
    By harlequeen in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-2013, 09:54 AM
  3. Inkjet printers
    By vicsign in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Thread: 3d printers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3d printers

Some one near by has brought one of these, I shall be watching to see how they get on. For me they are still in their infancy and I sure they they get cheaper. Has any body else have on or seen one in action. Sorry is this is in the wrong thread feel free to move if it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if they are called 3d printers but its the that copies and make a replica.Sorry if I confused anyone but very busy day in the shop and I think my brain only has one cell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose these could potentially be very handy in the future for making phone cases? just print one in plastic as and when orders come in! I'm not sure it'd be quite at that stage yet, but i'm sure we'll get there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spongerobinson View Post
    I suppose these could potentially be very handy in the future for making phone cases? just print one in plastic as and when orders come in! I'm not sure it'd be quite at that stage yet, but i'm sure we'll get there!
    There maybe a short time where that would be viable assuming cost and speed are right but there is a push for colour printing on these which could remove the point of sublimating them. The ideals held for 3d printers by alot of people is that they will become as or more common as inkjet printers, colour is one thing that will make that happen along with combining metal and plastic in one printer. They are interesting machines printing with plastic, paper, metal, food, human cells and I thought the ones that print out a house in a day were really cool but i'm not sure the types of businesses people on here run will benefit from these in the long term.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Very clever machines from what I've seen but incredibly slow and a long way from being particularly useful in a small business setting.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!