Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 35% cost increase
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
  2. Photo realistic - WoW 7.7 or TTC
    By Gygafo in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 10:41 AM
  3. Newbie - Cost of printing a mug?
    By markymark in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-05-2014, 09:41 AM
  4. Help....Cost of Art Work
    By JMugs in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-11-2012, 10:54 PM
  5. Dark Jet printing and the cost of ink !
    By mrs maggot in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 16-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Thread: realistic cost

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

realistic cost

Hi everyone , what would you say is a realistic cost to set up in 3d printing i have a ricoh 3110dn and have been doing 2d cases for 7 months 90% of my custom is phone case's and i think it would be worth while getting a improvement on what i can do as not to many people seem to be doing it , i went to the trade show in feb and saw one machine where you just put it in a huge red box but it took 5 mins to do one and im sure the cost was 7k which seemed ridiculous . thanks guys, danny

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can pick up a single press 3d machine for less than £250.00. How good they are is a question for BIGJ or Justin as they each have one.

I have a slightly bigger machine (will do 12 at a time) which is about £600 and is great.

Apart from that you will need cooling jigs and pucks (about £25.00 per phone model per item) so Iphone5 will be £50.00, and so on

You will also need phone dummies which are available on ebay for less than £10.00 a pop

Lastly you will probably spend about £100 on blanks trying to get the thing to work!!!!
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    You can pick up a single press 3d machine for less than £250.00. How good they are is a question for BIGJ or Justin as they each have one.

I have a slightly bigger machine (will do 12 at a time) which is about £600 and is great.

Apart from that you will need cooling jigs and pucks (about £25.00 per phone model per item) so Iphone5 will be £50.00, and so on

You will also need phone dummies which are available on ebay for less than £10.00 a pop

Lastly you will probably spend about £100 on blanks trying to get the thing to work!!!!

the new mini sub machine are good, but buy the spare parts when you buy the machine, you WILL need them.....quality of prints - SPOT ON....even mugs !!

pucks n jigs can be had cheaper if you shop around, even cheaper still if you import yourself....but if you only buying machine and some cases, might not be worth it for the extra cash for vat/customs/import fee ect

would i recommend them ? YES ..if you prepared to pull some hair out and spend little bit of cash wasting about 50 or so cases to learn with...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.