Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. mug problem
    By guarddog14 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 01:16 AM
  2. mug printing problem still :(
    By Billy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 15-02-2012, 12:06 PM
  3. last problem .... i hope
    By Lornem in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
  4. One more problem ..... Any ideas ?
    By Lornem in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-08-2011, 09:48 PM
  5. B1100 Ink problem
    By Mattie in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!! - Problem with WoW 7.7

I hope someone can put me straight with this as I'm at my wits end today. I hate to throw money down the drain but that is all I've done this afternoon, I keep getting failure after failure with WoW 7.7 which has been great up until now, I completed my first small order on Thursday and the transfers were perfect. I did a couple of tee's this morning using TTC and all I adjusted was to increase the temp from 140 to 180 and turned the pressure up a turn or so. Once I had done I lowered the temp back to 140 and let it settle down and returned the pressure to where it was previously. When I come to separate the I and M sheet it is like bits of the base white are coming off with the mask. I had a problem on the first couple of days using the system where I was tearing whole chunks of the transfer off but that was down to bad technique and not being used to the heat on my fingers. This has got me stumped though. I've tried different pressures but get the same result time after time and yes I have double checked the Space control settings too. HELP!!!!! I have tried to upload a couple of pictures so you can see what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your problem is down to temperature and pressure. I have an Adkins multi press which I set to 145c. The pressure is as high as I can make it without breaking the press.
    Before I press the transfers together I will close the press to warm up the silicon sheet , the base of the press and the papers.
    Everything has to be as hot as possible.
    On the press I have the white silicon sheet then a sheet of tracing paper then the I and M sheets, then another sheet of tracing paper and on top of this I have one of those thin brown silicon sheets
    to keep the heat in. Press for 40 secs at high pressure and then, when time is up I lift the corner of the top layers ( the silcon and the tracing paper) grab the corner of the M and I sheets and as quickly as possible peel them apart. The top silicon sheet stays on top while I peel, this helps keep the heat in the transfer.
    Then I go screaming around the shop because my fingers are on fire.
    Thats what I do and it seems to work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I think your problem is down to temperature and pressure. I have an Adkins multi press which I set to 145c. The pressure is as high as I can make it without breaking the press.
    Before I press the transfers together I will close the press to warm up the silicon sheet , the base of the press and the papers.
    Everything has to be as hot as possible.
    On the press I have the white silicon sheet then a sheet of tracing paper then the I and M sheets, then another sheet of tracing paper and on top of this I have one of those thin brown silicon sheets
    to keep the heat in. Press for 40 secs at high pressure and then, when time is up I lift the corner of the top layers ( the silcon and the tracing paper) grab the corner of the M and I sheets and as quickly as possible peel them apart. The top silicon sheet stays on top while I peel, this helps keep the heat in the transfer.
    Then I go screaming around the shop because my fingers are on fire.
    Thats what I do and it seems to work.
    Hi Earl,
    Many thanks for the reply, I appreciate all the help and advice I can get. I do a very similar process to you and warm the wow pad and brown silicon sheet in the press before introducing the I & M sheets and I peel with the silicon sheet in place to retain heat as well. The transfers have been coming out fine for the last couple of weeks up until Sunday when this happened. I've been in touch with The Magic Touch and they are looking to see if it might be a problem with a batch of paper. However, their first response was that there was not enough pressure being used until I explained how the press was set-up. I'm willing to try anything to resolve this so I'm going to max out the pressure then back it off just a little and see what the results are. I've just got to add that TMT are really active with their support which is brilliant.

Ha ha ha! I know just what you mean... the scream and dance of the flaming fingers!

Cheers!
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nigel, are you using a adkins or simular press or a chinese model?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you tried pre warming the M sheet before you put that and the I sheet together and place under the heat press?

I've just got to add that TMT are really active with their support which is brilliant.
    Could not agree more, just wish I could purchase everything from them as they make my working life so much easier :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave271069 View Post
    Nigel, are you using a adkins or simular press or a chinese model?
    Hi Dave, it's an Adkins, cost a fortune and weighs an absolute ton. I'm a great believer in the old adage of you get what you pay for so I bust the bank for a while. Her indoors has been real quiet and keeps mumbling about spending the holiday money... I haven't a clue what she's on about!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Have you tried pre warming the M sheet before you put that and the I sheet together and place under the heat press?

Could not agree more, just wish I could purchase everything from them as they make my working life so much easier :-)
    Hi socialgiraffe, I've not tried that but will certainly give it a go thank's.

TMT's tech team have tested the batch that my media came from and say that it appears to be ok but they would like me to try media from a new batch that is arriving with them next week. I'm convinced that there is nothing wrong with the printer because TTC prints are perfect and WoW prints look just the same, spot on. A faulty press is in the very back of my mind because it's a quality piece of kit so it's not likely to be the press. That leaves just me (total noob), or the media. Prior to this I've had two weeks of perfect hit after hit and then this happens so at the moment I'm convinced that there is a possible consistency problem with the batch of media I have. I may be totally wrong but I'll only know for sure once I try the new batch.

As for TMT... They are a brilliant company to deal with and I really cant and wont knock them in the slightest as I have every confidence they will help resolve this. They have spent two day's emailing me for information and offering advise and have phoned me at least three times. I've had excellent customer service from TMT right from the start but I must admit that I'll be buying my TMT media via Ralawise as it helps build a decent order.

Cheers!

Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've them coming to the shop tomorrow show me how to use the press and wow 7.7 properly. My concern is that as you say flaming fingers, I find it to hot to pull quickly it smoothly or quickly back and keep it low. ladies hands are more sensitive. I have had a few tries but can't master it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennywren View Post
    I've them coming to the shop tomorrow show me how to use the press and wow 7.7 properly. My concern is that as you say flaming fingers, I find it to hot to pull quickly it smoothly or quickly back and keep it low. ladies hands are more sensitive. I have had a few tries but can't master it
    Hi Jenny, I gave up with TMT's WoW paper in the end as they couldn't resolve the continual problem I was having. New firmwear for the printer, new batch of paper, even the area sales manager tried it at my place and it wouldn't work for him either. I use Yolo Laser Dark paper and it has a 100% hit rate, not one failure! It peels apart like pulling grease proof paper away from hot butter... real easy and no messing about. It also washes miles better than TMT's WoW too. TMT wanted me to try a box for free... I turned it down as I've lost all faith in the product. Don't get me wrong, I still use TMT products but just not their WoW paper.

Cheers!
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nigel, can Yolo Dark print 100% white? Thats what WoW is for.