Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. inkjet transfer paper on items
    By viccar in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  2. What can i use inkjet transfer paper and durabrite inks on?
    By viccar in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
  3. inkjet transfer paper profle.
    By Paul in forum Pauls Photo Mug Templates
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 05:51 PM
  4. inkjet transfer paper
    By Bob700 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 07:04 PM
  5. Light inkjet transfer paper
    By leethesign in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best ink to use for printing inkjet t-shirt transfer paper

what is best ink to use for inkjet transfer paper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pigment inks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi George, I purchased OCP inks from ebay and I am getting great results, better than the UltraBrite and a snip of the price. I ran off 5 t-shirts with various designs and took home to wash, after about 10 washes they are still perfect. Not a fan of getting inks off ebay but UltraBrite inks were too expensive for the amount of colour prints I do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you buy these OCP Inks in Ebay from the seller: intelli-ink?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ordinary plain dye inks works just as well as pigment.....cheaper and wont clog up yer printer heads as pigment can....

we are trailing the yolo jet soft papers again just now, and i can confirm the details and colours are exact same - how do i know ? we used pigment inks when we started out beginning of 2012.but the problem with printer head clogging if you dont use it enough - dye inks no bother at all.....and i also have a friend who has used dye inks for about 4+ yrs with superb results on yolo transfer papers....no fade, crack or any colour loss....and i have seen some of his t's....the t-shirts as went grey-ish in the wash..the transfer has stayed the same lol...after 2+ yrs

its a total myth about using pigment inks for transfers.....try it yourself and see.....dont take our word for it ;-), but dont be sucked into the - you "MUST" use pigment inks for transfer papers trait..you dont !..SIMPLES !
    Last edited by bigj2552; 10-01-2015 at 10:47 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi bigj,

Did you say you are using Jet-Pro SofStretch transfer paper with ordinary plain dye inks?

Thanks
    Gil

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GILSAN View Post
    Hi bigj,

Did you say you are using Jet-Pro SofStretch transfer paper with ordinary plain dye inks?

Thanks
    Gil

thats correct gil....

yolo jet pro sofstretch transfer papers...with ordinary dye based inks...that can be bought anywhere....

as i said before....we tried pigment inks away back in start of 2012, yes they give great print, as i would expect but..it was friend of mine who we have known for number of yrs now,
    he asked why i was using pigment instead of ordinary dye based inks..i said...oh all the people on the forums and printings sites say to use pigment inks for transfers and def not dye based inks...
    he laughed...and told me to try the dye based inks for myself.....i did and got the same results as the pigment ones .....he also shown me some t's he done about 2/3 yrs before with dye inks....the t's have went grey with age but the prints have stayed the same....no fade, no cracking ect.....

pigment inks are notorious for clogging print heads....even if used all the time....pigment inks have there place in the printing world, but def not needed for any transfer papers....try it n see, dont take our word for it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    thats correct gil....

yolo jet pro sofstretch transfer papers...with ordinary dye based inks...that can be bought anywhere....

as i said before....we tried pigment inks away back in start of 2012, yes they give great print, as i would expect but..it was friend of mine who we have known for number of yrs now,
    he asked why i was using pigment instead of ordinary dye based inks..i said...oh all the people on the forums and printings sites say to use pigment inks for transfers and def not dye based inks...
    he laughed...and told me to try the dye based inks for myself.....i did and got the same results as the pigment ones .....he also shown me some t's he done about 2/3 yrs before with dye inks....the t's have went grey with age but the prints have stayed the same....no fade, no cracking ect.....

pigment inks are notorious for clogging print heads....even if used all the time....pigment inks have there place in the printing world, but def not needed for any transfer papers....try it n see, dont take our word for it
    Thanks. So I'm assuming you are printing onto polyester tees? Do you get your inks from ebay or elsewhere?

I have an Epson Stylus Photo P50 (uses Durabrite Inks), which I presently use mostly to print DVD's, DVD Covers and normal office work. Presently I use cheap compatible dye inks from Ebay. I've been wondering if this A4 printer could be used for printing onto transfer paper, provided I get better quality ink and an ICC Profile, which I hear that Paul is the expert here.

Been looking around this forum for a while but don't see anyone talking about an Epson P50. Anyone here have one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GILSAN View Post
    Thanks. So I'm assuming you are printing onto polyester tees? Do you get your inks from ebay or elsewhere?

I have an Epson Stylus Photo P50 (uses Durabrite Inks), which I presently use mostly to print DVD's, DVD Covers and normal office work. Presently I use cheap compatible dye inks from Ebay. I've been wondering if this A4 printer could be used for printing onto transfer paper, provided I get better quality ink and an ICC Profile, which I hear that Paul is the expert here.

Been looking around this forum for a while but don't see anyone talking about an Epson P50. Anyone here have one?

i think you getting sublimation printing confused with transfer papers here

the yolo transfer papers that we use with dye based inks are put onto 100% cotton heavy t's......
    the polyester t's you are talking about will need proper sublimation inks for the image to print onto the T

you A4 P50 printer can be used to print transfers with your current dye based inks - you dont need better quality inks - TRUST ME ON THIS....
    before you spend any cash on profiles ect...why dont you buy some of the yolo a4 transfer papers and trail them your self first - with the set up you have now....
    and see how the colours come out compared to the screen/monitor
    the basic epson photo settings should not be that far away for transfer printing....
    there are some great youtube vids on yolo jet soft pro transfer papers.....i would go there first and see some of them, and then read we bit more on here via the search button before you dive in at the deep end ;-)

as for the epson P50..thats more a home printer for personal use...think you will find most on here are using commercial / office printers for there work, incl us

our dye inks we buy in bulk from uk supplier.....our sublimation inks are imported from Korea ....and we cant discuss anything to do with 3rd party sublimation inks on here..google is your friend there for sub inks..and again, the search function on here ;-)
    Last edited by bigj2552; 12-01-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your advice and for clarifying things. Indeed I was confusing the different types of inks with the different methods of printing. After reading your post and doing more research I now understand what you are saying.

What was confusing me initially was that most people were saying that pigment ink was best for cotton tees when using JPSS paper, not realizing that ordinary dye inks could also do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    why dont you buy some of the yolo a4 transfer papers and trail them your self first -
    There is one term/word that you used which I don't understand: "trail" Does it mean "test"?

Right now I'm saving to get a heat press, THEN I'll give my Epson P50 some tests and see how it behaves.