Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. RalaFlex vinyl from Ralawise any good...??
    By Ravisteam in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 08:44 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:38 AM
  3. Does this remove vinyl from clothing?
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 08:22 PM
  4. Glitter Vinyl
    By Bob700 in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-04-2011, 11:42 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know of good way to remove glitter vinyl from t-shirt

ok does anyone know of a way to remove glitter vinyl of t-shirts
    I did an order of 30 hen party t-shirts claire's hen nite Belfast 2014 on front and nickname on rear
    now they cancelled them so now sitting with 30 pink t-shirts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thats why you always take a deposit on large orders! Have you tried spray viynl remover from bms for glitter vinyl you will probably have to spray from inside out but to be honest you will still have a glue residue left over the best you could prob hope for is to remove what you can and replace with a transfer of sorts and sell them cheap to recoup what you can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    took a deposit but still out money due to no fu~%ing suppliers over here willing to sell under 10 meters
    of vinyl and at the prices and with just starting up again after getting broken into and all my stuff stole 2 years ago
    its hard and then you get ass holes that just seam to want to put you under before you start
    I tried a few old wifes tale of removing it one worked but the smell of lighter fuel even after 2 washes
    lol anther pure alcohol but at the price of it u'd be better drinking it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    took a deposit but still out money due to no fu~%ing suppliers over here willing to sell under 10 meters
    of vinyl and at the prices and with just starting up again after getting broken into and all my stuff stole 2 years ago
    its hard and then you get ass holes that just seam to want to put you under before you start
    I tried a few old wifes tale of removing it one worked but the smell of lighter fuel even after 2 washes
    lol anther pure alcohol but at the price of it u'd be better drinking it
    lol dont waste good alcohol !!!!
    sorry to hear of the break in . at the end of the day the old wives tales are pretty close they do seem to centre around a solvent liquid which is what the spray i mentioned does . Problem is glitter vinyl is like florecesnt ..particually hard to shift thats why i suggest spraying the inside of the garment rather than directly onto the vinyl . that way it soaks through to the glue that holds the vinyl . but as i said theres almost always a glue residue which will show up . Its not an easy one im afraid it could be a case of suck it in and move on !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, you won't have much success removing vinyl without leaving a glue residue, as was mentioned the only way is to try and cover it with another design...but as again was mentioned you may have to put it down to experience. I always take full payment before completing ANY orders..I've learned the hard way too...never again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use this, I don't know if it is available where you are, it's expensive, but it works. Sorry I'm a little late but for future reference.
    http://www.stahls.com/lettering-remover-solvent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the glue off i simply spray the glue with the remover to 'melt' it, place a piece of plain paper on it and stick i in the heat press for 15 seconds or so. a paper towel would probably work better but i get pretty good results with the paper
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    emblem remover will ultimately get it off, but it is good time & money after bad, just bin them!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK