Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Simple Minds
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 01:52 PM
  2. Simple website builder ??????
    By windyash in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 11:19 AM
  3. simple help required!
    By Dave271069 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
  4. Is it as simple as ?
    By Kahboose in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Simple Green' what is it?

I was over joyed to see I could get to my capping station and the catch pan with ease (my new epson pro 4k) - I want to clean said parts.

Doing a qiuck Google search I see Conde suggesting using 'Simple Green' but whats the equivalent in the UK?

How is everyone else cleaning their capping station and catch pan?

I dont see a reason I couldnt even use Thinners for this but I doubt that's recommended.

woops, just seen I can remove that catch pan entirely with a single screw - so it's the Capping station I need to know how to clean properly ?
    Last edited by NikGrey; 23-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this, hopre it helps?

ECS/Simple Green UK
    Despatch Centre
    Harmony Road
    Roche
    GB-St. Austell PL26 8ES, United Kingdom

Visit Distributors Website

Phone: +44 1726 891199
    Fax: +44 1726 891187
    Cel: +44 7773 069177

Cheers!
    Nigel

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use a syringe and Inktec's cleaning fluid, and squirt a load of it onto them to 'wash them' through.
    Dust, and fibres of the papers your printing to (esp if you use the inbuilt cutter) will collect with ink and congeal a bit here (and sometimes on the head) which is usually exhibited by drops of black ink on the edges of your paper/canvas - here I use cotton buds and tweezers dipped in the cleaning fluid to pull them off - this happens on both our pigment/paper printer, and the sublimation printer, although more often on the sub printer, I guess because of the coating on the paper giving off more dust when cut.
    For cleaning the head, I get a paper towel and put it in place of where the paper sits, and then run the head assembly over the top of it (a bit tricky, but you'll get there with practice) and then once in place, squirt more cleaner in behind the head on to the towel, and then gently pull the paper towel left/right to rub the head.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...t=simple+green

I think it's the same link to simple green posted above.

I use those cleaning towel roll similar to this, it doesn't shed dust or disintegrate as easily as kitchen roll.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Connect...ing+cloth+roll