Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. realistic cost
    By guarddog14 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 10:57 PM
  2. Photo dpi
    By mfatty500 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 12:21 PM
  3. Photo onto a cake
    By Justin in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-06-2011, 11:42 PM
  4. Photo Slate
    By TonyM in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14-06-2011, 12:11 AM
  5. Photo Mugs
    By Squadron Prints in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo realistic - WoW 7.7 or TTC

I'm limited to the media in the title above but open to suggestions.

An artist friend of mine wants some of his motorcycle racing art putting on tee-shirts for his agent to sell at the super-bike championship races (rest of season and future if I get it right). His work is so good that it looks as though it's a photograph but it's all done by hand. I of course am in my infancy and are just getting used to WoW 7.7 and TTC of which is a breeze to use. My problem is nothing to do with colour (I'm a photographer and everything is calibrated) but more of opacity and understanding how it works when doing a print of a picture for a black or coloured tee-shirt etc. My first attempts look a washed out or lacking in contrast and I know it is probably me that is the problem! Some of you are doing this kind of work on a regular basis and know just what to do so could anyone recommend what settings to try in the Space Control or give me a little advice on where I may be going wrong please.

Ever so grateful!

Cheers!
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it WoW 7.2 Professional transfer paper enables full colour images, logos and photos onto dark garments and fabrics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    Isn't it WoW 7.2 Professional transfer paper enables full colour images, logos and photos onto dark garments and fabrics.
    Hi ArferMo,
    I think there have been a few version upgrades since 7.2 and 7.5 - The process with 7.7 (apparently) is simpler and the media is easier to use. The TMT website needs upgrading too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to clear up the confusion
    Wow 7.1 was updated to WoW 7.2 this product is for standard colour laser printers with black ink.

WoW 7.5 was updated to WoW7.7 this product is for the OKI C711WT with White toner in it and no black.

Currently only the 7.2 is available on the website and this is deliberate to stop owners of normal CMYK laser printers buying the 7.7 by mistake. This will change as we workout the best way to list both papers.

The website unfortunately can not stop people with inkjets buying TTC and other products in spite of warnings! Now add 7.7 to the mix where its limited in usage :(

Alan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask_Alan View Post
    to clear up the confusion
    Wow 7.1 was updated to WoW 7.2 this product is for standard colour laser printers with black ink.

WoW 7.5 was updated to WoW7.7 this product is for the OKI C711WT with White toner in it and no black.

Currently only the 7.2 is available on the website and this is deliberate to stop owners of normal CMYK laser printers buying the 7.7 by mistake. This will change as we workout the best way to list both papers.

The website unfortunately can not stop people with inkjets buying TTC and other products in spite of warnings! Now add 7.7 to the mix where its limited in usage :(

Alan.
    You learn something new every day, thanks for that Alan. I'm using the C711WT and never gave the standard colour laser a thought when looking at the different media versions.
    Last edited by Gygafo; 28-07-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: add text

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no suggestions as to how to get the best photo results. I know it's not going to be anything like a normal printed photograph but if anyone has suggestions as to optimal settings for space control or even a different media to use it would be much appreciated. I know... I'm a noob, but that's why I'm asking the question!

Ta
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mention blacl/coloured T's - so ttc is not an option.
    OBM 5.x is a great laser product, quality limited by what your printer can manage......
    It only works for 'bounded' images, - so fine for a rectangular photo, but not a 'floating' design
    WOW has nicest soft touch, but is a costly process, maybe £2 each, plus a £2k printer as oppose to obm for less, and a £400 printer.....
    No answers, just questions, offer what you have, and see if they are happy?
    I have 11 different garment decoration options, and would still like more!
    Sell what you have!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    You mention blacl/coloured T's - so ttc is not an option.
    OBM 5.x is a great laser product, quality limited by what your printer can manage......
    It only works for 'bounded' images, - so fine for a rectangular photo, but not a 'floating' design
    WOW has nicest soft touch, but is a costly process, maybe £2 each, plus a £2k printer as oppose to obm for less, and a £400 printer.....
    No answers, just questions, offer what you have, and see if they are happy?
    I have 11 different garment decoration options, and would still like more!
    Sell what you have!
    Hi Logobear,
    Thanks for the advice, I like the idea of another (different) printer, vinyl cutter, and I'd love to try screen printing too! Ah well, maybe one day eh? At the moment I am on a really steep learning curve having invested £2k in a printer, Wow 7.7 and an Adkins press. my set-up is ideal for most jobs I am asked to do of which are on coloured or black tee's. The WoW process is a little tricky though! I mentioned TTC because it is a breeze to use on white and light pastel tee's, it's simple and brilliant. I think I'm happy with what I've got but I lack the experience to get the very best from it when it comes to photo images on black tee's of which people are asking me for on a regular basis but I have to tell them I don't do photo's just yet because I am not happy with the end result. So, I have a sample image ready for tomorrow and have decided to waste a dozen or so black tees and sheets of WoW-7.7 to experiment with the white setting in the printers Space Control software to see what works best (family are going out in order to avoid tantrums and bad language when things don't go as planned). I hate wasting money so... If you need some dusters let me know.

Cheers!
    Nigel.
    Last edited by Gygafo; 02-08-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add text

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nigel

I am not sure that the Space Control is going to have that much effect on your results. It would be better to try various options in Photoshop (or similar), save them as and output them through Space Control.

Also, don't do them full size but A6 instead, you can get four on a sheet then.

Lastly, what is the problem with the process?

Below is what I do (bear in mind that I have a WOW pad and then a piece of release paper (for protection) below the i sheet)

Graphic1.jpg

If it is the peeling then might be worth trying the following...

PRESS at 155 degrees for 50 Seconds

This means it is very hot which means it takes longer to peel apart but also can burn your hands!!!!, I use a heat protect glove on the left hand which I place on the isheet, then with my right (glove free) hand I peel the sheets (including teflon) apart. I have found that they split perfectly every time.

TMT probably can not tell you to up the temp to this as it would breach health and safety guidelines I think.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Nigel

I am not sure that the Space Control is going to have that much effect on your results. It would be better to try various options in Photoshop (or similar), save them as and output them through Space Control.

Also, don't do them full size but A6 instead, you can get four on a sheet then.

Lastly, what is the problem with the process?

Below is what I do (bear in mind that I have a WOW pad and then a piece of release paper (for protection) below the i sheet)

Graphic1.jpg

If it is the peeling then might be worth trying the following...

PRESS at 155 degrees for 50 Seconds

This means it is very hot which means it takes longer to peel apart but also can burn your hands!!!!, I use a heat protect glove on the left hand which I place on the isheet, then with my right (glove free) hand I peel the sheets (including teflon) apart. I have found that they split perfectly every time.

TMT probably can not tell you to up the temp to this as it would breach health and safety guidelines I think.
    Hi socialgiraffe,
    Thanks for the A6 tip, why didn't I think of that doh!. This may not be a problem but more of a - that is how they look issue. I'm too used to looking at high quality photographs, processed in Photoshop, and then printed on expensive white paper so when I see a picture printed on a black tee using WoW 7.7 it looks to me that shaded areas appear to lack contrast and look grey or faded. I was thinking that this was down to the white coverage being set too high (too much opacity). I'll have a play in Photoshop and Space Control, It's all experience.

Thanks also for the diagram too, WoW pad and teflon sheet is the method I use but minus the release paper.

The dreaded peel... I got some new media from a different batch as I was initially having problems but so far so good. I figured the peel by trial and error and notched the temperature up a few degrees at a time as I thought my temp reading may not be quite accurate. I got to 147 degrees for 60 seconds with a fair amount of pressure and seem to be getting consistent good result.

Just out of interest, I watched the American TMT video where they use 300 degrees F which is just short of 150 degrees C for 60 seconds.

Cheers!
    Nigel.