Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Questions about a printer that has already had "standard ink used in it"
    By chris_hosk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 04:48 PM
  2. 13" Canvas Roll problem with Epson R2880
    By Starfront in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 07:11 PM
  3. "Flushing" your printer?
    By totallypersonal in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2011, 11:31 AM
  4. HP Designjet 2800CP 36" A0 (Will print Canvas) £300
    By MarkW in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
  5. Epson D120 printer with new cis tanks and ink "SOLD"
    By silvia95 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 08:47 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full wrap, 12" stretcher bar, 17" printer, plus a non standard way to stretch canvas

Of interest to anyone who may want to squeeze the maximum print size (height) from your 17" printer using a full wrap. I have been using this method for several months without problems.

Essentially it involves adding extra strips of canvas to the top and bottom edges plus I stretch without using any pliers etc....

More info can be found here: PDF

Example pictures are here: Link

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like the way you are holding the canvas in place there.

Had a nose around your website and a couple of things stuck out.

Firstly, you arguably live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and secondly, you are nuts for living there LOL, very bleak winters ;-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wind and rain are the main features of winter, not seen any snow for a couple of years but this particular spot seems to have it's own weather pattern anyway. Always preferred a cooler climate but spent many years in the Anatarctic so perhaps that is taking it a bit too far...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting information thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my type of thing - really pleased to see that you have shared this with us and many thanks for that.
    I just watched the video and think I have my head around the corners.

This is all relevant to me as I am just about to get into Canvas and will be looking for all of the little Gems of info like this soon.

Out of interest, which canvass are you using - they are on 17' rolls right?
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm, i think a weeks residential tutorial is in order, although i would spend most of my time outdoors in the spectacular countryside. thanks for all the hard work you have put into it
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a lot of time searching for basic info before taking the plunge and I hope this will help get the ball rolling.

Canvas (17" roll) is : https://www.permajet.com/ProductGrp/...te-Matt-405gsm

Finished with two coats of Perma PROtect varnish (big improvement in contrast/colour/clarity after coating) using cheap HVLP spray gun. Important to allow print to dry 24 hours and then coating to dry 24 hours before stretching.

Stretcher bars (44mm) from Lion Picture Framing and RO-MA hand staple gun also from Lion. Not cheap but dont waste time with low cost electric staplers. Back finished off with ECO picture framing tape.

If you do decide to stretch using the wedge method please do not hammer them in too far in one go. Just a round of gentle taps until the canvas sounds like a drum.