Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Roland BN-20 Print and Cut New Price
    By hughb40 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-02-2015, 02:55 PM
  2. Roland GX24
    By edwardsmedia in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 12:46 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
  4. Roland BN-20 Anyone Got One?
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
  5. Roland GX-24
    By jennywren in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-10-2010, 10:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roland BN-20 Print and Cut

Hi All

Haven't posted in a long time due to other business development but due to imminent to move to new premises have reluctantly decided to sell our Roland BN-20 - now have a Roland VS640 which is a big boy to house and space will be tighter

BN-20 was new in June 2012 and had Roland Covercare annual service in June this year. Mint condition, run and maintained regularly, great machine for stickers and garment media and other media for samples. CMYK ink set up. Can be seen running and/or can supply nozzle check prints etc.) Supplied on stand with castors, versaworks software/manual etc.

Pick up from our premises in shropshire.

Looking for £3450 + VAT for quick sale.

PM me or call 01588 638888 office hours if interested.

Cheers
    Hugh

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I was just researching these yesterday! Can you add white to yours or do you have to get that add on from the beginning? What are the ink levels like?
    Thanks
    Lianne

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lianne

White wasn't available when we purchased - only metallic - but prior to adding VS640 a year later our research indicated that the white wasn't robust enough to use as a white layer for garments and had tendencies to clog - or used a lot through self cleaning and white ink not cheap [IMHO]! so didn't run with white or metallic either, a lot depends on your requirements. For a white back to clear reverse print stickers we flood coat with white sign vinyl prior to cutting using the roland cut registration mark facility.

Ink levels are very good (at moment :) see screenshot.......
    bn-20 ink levels.jpg

You would need to check with Roland whether you could add white to the original MT channel (runs as extra Magenta channel for cmyk but if possible would require a lot of flushing/cleaning and would be very expensive..so if you really do want a white channel would suggest that it would be better to wait until you find one with white as initial set up.

Cheers
    Hugh

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    White wasn't available when we purchased - only metallic - but prior to adding VS640 a year later our research indicated that the white wasn't robust enough to use as a white layer for garments and had tendencies to clog - or used a lot through self cleaning and white ink not cheap [IMHO]!
    I have my VS configured WHITE & METALLIC and have to be honest, I barely use it. I think I have gone through at least one cartridge of each without actually printing a job, Considering white ink is double the price and metallic is three times it can get painful. Also as Hugh says, the white ink can not be used for that much and is really only suitable for backing on clear stickers/cling and even then it can be quite weak.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens then if you have white in a logo or design and are pressing to a dark garment, is that section just blank as I thought this is where the white toner would be used? I've seen the OKI 711WT and wow paper in action and though that this machine would make things easier as there seem to be a lot of steps with the wow paper but then you have the weeding and masking to do.

I basically want to offer the same designs I use for sublimation so graphics with text and print these on dark items including bags etc. Some of the text and designs can be quite small and each order would be different so I'm not necessarily printing 100 of one design it could be 100 different designs so not sure if the VersaStudio software lets you just upload lots of individual orders from say CorelDraw etc as this is where all my templates are setup.

The designs would need to be washable and not scratch or crack easily too.

Lots to think about.... think I might have to research more and leave a big purchase like this until next year as even the OKI route isn't cheap!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lots to think about.... think I might have to research more and leave a big purchase like this until next year as even the OKI route isn't cheap!
    there are so many answers to your questions it would take a book to do them all

The above machine is a very good machine and a great price but it may not be for you. I recommend that you visit Printwear and Promotion (there is normally a day when a lot of DSF members go) where you will be able to check out all the machines around.

However if you can not wait, I would recommend a visit to The Magic Touch where you will see both machines in action and will be able to pick their brains.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just been looking at a machine like this also. :)
    Currently just been doing stuff on standard vinyl graphtec plotter but would love to break into full colour :)
    Regarding the white... Could you not just print onto a white vinyl instead of clear?
    Excuse me if that's completely stupid but i have never printed onto vinyl before ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Yes after doing more research you would print on white vinyl to get the white in the design, apparently the white Ink is used for decals. As I have no clue on how to use these machines I think I'm best to get a new one with warranty and support etc and there are some good deals to be had especially when the shows are on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that.
    Surely you can just do the same for decals as well.. print on white.
    Without actually using one before the only huge advantage i can immediately think of is for clear window cling prints.