Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Rhinestone pressing
    By AJLA in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 10:41 AM
  2. Newbie pressing mugs with laserjet paper
    By Tomsk100 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-09-2014, 05:41 PM
  3. Newbie - tips please - pressing straight
    By cupsforcops in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 11:43 PM
  4. pressing plaques
    By hakuna in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 07:58 PM
  5. pressing canvas
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Newbie to mug pressing and need help!!

Now this sounds silly but, it's working for me.

Over the last few weeks I have been using an S21 printer with ciss & really good results.

As far as the ICC profile I decided to try the D88 profile & you know what it works. I know it shouldn't but, it does.

The colours I'm getting are just the same as what I have on my screen & all my customers are happy with the results too. One of my customers is a photographer & they would be the first to complain if the colours were wrong.

I know a lot of people will turn their noses up at me for this but, as I said it works for me & I'm turning out some really nice work now.

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear it's all working out for you Ian M. Would be worthwhile sending details to AdamB of where you got your CISS and inks so he can replicate the setup. If it works for you then that's all you need. ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ian M, What kind of work are you printing - is it dye sub, mugs, t'shirts etc ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin, many thanks for your really kind words as they mean so much to me.

I tried your mugs for the first time this week & WOW! best mugs I have had for a long time with amazing service too.

Ian :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John,

I do dye sub work mainly mugs & have been doing quite a bit of work on metal too. I've just started getting the hang of T-shirts now & have a few ideas for them.

I set a couple of friends up in Australia to print mugs to promote their own garage business & they have been selling more than me........lol. Their idea was to give a mug to every customer who had their car repaired or serviced by them. The idea went so well that they now have 16 different mugs to collect. They have also brought in a lot of new business & they had one customer wanting them to restore his classic car from the other side of Australia. He said they can have the job so long as he got a mug he had heard about. They do classic car shows over there on a regular basis & they always sell all their stock of mugs.

Now because I helped them they have now returned the favour & they supply me with dye sub ink which they get from a very reputable company over there is Oz. The ink is produced over there & is excellent. Since using it I haven't had one blockage & it is like half the price of any dye sub ink over here.

I know I'm doing things on the cheap but, the thing is it's working for me. I do know about print quality as I have a very good eye for it. When I left school all those years ago I was taught screen printing which I did for well over 10 years. I was one of the few people in the country in the 1970's who could operate various Svecia machines. I have to admit I got a bigger buzz working on small hand beds though.......lol. One thing I don't miss is the smell & I'm still trying to work out why low odour inks always smelt worse than any other ink.........lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ian,
    Good story about your friends in oz, its funny how things work out. I'm a screen printer too - been printing since leaving school and 27 years later still plodding on with a hand bench and carousel - never worked a svecia though. Don't mind the ink smell, just washing screens makes your clothes and hair a bit pongy :lol:

Got in to mugs to try and offer a wider range of promo items to my customers and love sub printing - just got to get cracking with other sub items when I get the time.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks John,

It was quite funny with my friends in Oz as we got the mug press, printer & CISS off Ebay over there & the mug press is identical to the one I have over here, I mean talk about lucky. We then found a company doing all the blanks just down the road from the garage that they own. I then had to send a very long email teeling them how to do it & I think they also watched every You Tube video on how to sublimate too. They have taken to printing mugs like a duck to water & as I said they are selling more than me now.

During my time in screen printing I moved around from company to company a bit as it was the best way to learn more. I was never keen doing the 4 colour half tone work as it was a bit of a pain at times. Went through one job where the dots were so small they kept dropping through the holes in the mesh..........lol.

One company we did a lot of T-shirts there & we used a carousel with micro adjustment which was a pain in the bum a lot of the time. Still glad I did it now as I learnt so much.

I keep trying new items when I have some spare time & it involves a lot of head scratching at times but, I usually think it through & get there in the end. Me & my friends in Oz have a saying which is 'Never Ever Give Up' & it seems to be now paying off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi i did the same thing after buying mugpress and ink from lovecut , only found out had the wrong ink when it didnt work, they then told me that they do not supply sublimation ink. Do anyone know where to get some sublimation ink for an epson S21 , ive just bought a ciss empty system, what do i do now as i have new ink cartridge with the wrong ink in the printer, do i have to reset it somehow or will it just except my new system ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey, sent you a PM which I hope helps you out.

Ian ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do anyone know where to get some sublimation ink for an epson S21 , ive just bought a ciss empty system, what do i do now as i have new ink cartridge with the wrong ink in the printer, do i have to reset it somehow or will it just except my new system ?
    Several suppliers (us included) supply bulk sublimation ink, but you're going to spend £200+vat (£49.99 +vat per colour) on the ink and there are no guarantees this is going to work with the S21. I'm guessing that Ian M is going to say that he's using a different profile with his S21 and all's working fine (hope that's okay IanM!) and that's great. Problem is though that I fear this is the minority of users that buy this printer and get it working with sublimation inks. The S21 has been trialed by Sawgrass and it didn't stand up to the testing. Don't get me wrong, if you get it to work then that's all you want to do - my concern is that spending £200 +vat on inks, with a printer that isn't supported, could stoke up trouble and is an expensive experiment. A new Ricoh printer with sublimation ink cartridges can be bought for £249 +vat upwards and a new Epson B40W with a full CIS full of ink can be bought for around £319 +vat. These printers are provided with support, colour profiles etc and have been tested with sublimation inks.

If you have a CIS that has been primed with different inks then you'll need to completely remove the old ink and get it re-primed with the sublimation inks.