Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Call to my local doctors surgery
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-11-2013, 05:50 PM
  2. Frustrated newbie
    By Muzzy333 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  3. Local Advertising, leaflets and ideas
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 10:41 PM
  4. Just getting started and am super frustrated :(
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
  5. Frustrated from Wiltshire!
    By GazHyde in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up

Hi

I'm based in Blackpool, Lancs and run a kids party business, (also a graphic designer - mac based for past 25 years) looking to purchase my own dye sub mug set up. My local printer has let me down recently, by taking 2 weeks not the one I was told I needed to give them. Ideally I would like to buy a good reliable setup, and yes it looks a complete minefield. Ie Ricoh or Epson. I'll only be printing a few mugs a week probably, can anyone provide good value suppliers for printer, press, ink, paper and tape, oh and the mugs. Or is there anyone local that can turn around 11oz mugs reliably?

regards Ben

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The iBox View Post
    Hi

I'm based in Blackpool, Lancs and run a kids party business, (also a graphic designer - mac based for past 25 years) looking to purchase my own dye sub mug set up. My local printer has let me down recently, by taking 2 weeks not the one I was told I needed to give them. Ideally I would like to buy a good reliable setup, and yes it looks a complete minefield. Ie Ricoh or Epson. I'll only be printing a few mugs a week probably, can anyone provide good value suppliers for printer, press, ink, paper and tape, oh and the mugs. Or is there anyone local that can turn around 11oz mugs reliably?

regards Ben
    it shouldn't be a minefield! Ricoh SG3110 would be the way to go. Several suppliers offer startup business packages so you get everything you need (printer, inks, paper, heat tape, mug press and mugs). If you want to talk things through then give a couple of suppliers a call. Scott at our office can give you plenty of advice. Today is going to be busy after the bank holiday but he can give you whatever information you need. Our office number is 01202 893166.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    is a few mugs a week enough the justify the expenditure on the kit, or the time spent setting it all up and learning how to use it, and the wasted products while you setup and learn?
    Where's your break even point, and how long will it take to get there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think personally (only been doing this a month) a few mugs a week is not enough to justify expense. You need to get the larger orders from businesses in order to make good money and you need to do this probably as a sideline business (a hobby business). I doubt there are few people that can make a high income out of just doing mugs. I must admit after one month I have nearly covered the cost of equipment but I had some good contacts already who were keen to get some mugs done for trade shows e.t.c. Everything is about marketing and so perhaps determine how you will let local companies know you can do promotional mugs before you start buying equipment. Good luck if you do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im local to you and can supply if you wish to go down that route.