Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation paper
    By deathgimptshirts in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 10:29 AM
  2. sublimation paper
    By Ricky in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
  3. Sublimation paper
    By Craig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
  4. sublimation paper?!?!?
    By Billy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
  5. For Sale A4 Sublimation Paper
    By Iain in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 02:40 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wet ink on new sublimation paper

Hi - probably a stupid question this...

I've been using sublimation paper (cannot remember where I got it from) and recently had to order some more. I was ordering something from Longforte so decided to get some mug optimised paper from them.

I have tonight printed on one side to find a washed out result on the mug ... assuming I printed on the wrong side! Printing on the other side of the paper, the ink stays wet for a while and I need to leave it to dry.

Previously I never had to do this... I normally print to the subli paper and whack it around the mug for pressing.

Is that normal? Just checking I'm not doing something drastically wrong here!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Depends on the paper and amount of ink you've set the printer to lay down. Some paper can take more ink than others. We have to leave our prints to dry as I like to use a lot of ink to get our desired result, but in a room with a good sized desktop, a couple of NAS, and 3 wide format printers this doesn't take long - we just drape them over the printer, or take them to one of the pressing rooms, which are nice and warm when the presses are running - or if in a hurry put them next to on top of the press!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I first started doing mugs I tried to find the answer to this. A supplier said that the mug could be pressed immediately after printing, but on the forum people suggested that you waited 24 hrs before pressing! I use photographic print drying racks to let the sheets dry off for 20 mins or so. I wouldn't put wet ink onto the mug.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/pat...rack-345-p.asp