Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black printing Navy....
    By crystaluk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-07-2014, 04:38 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-06-2012, 02:17 PM
  3. After Burning on mugs
    By cardman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  4. Burning and smudging/bleeding and latte mugs
    By chucky in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-06-2011, 02:00 AM
  5. Black Image Printing Red???
    By Benntec in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printing black without burning

Hi,
    I've been reading through lots if posts to try and solve my problem but I'm a little lost as to what to do and wondered if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    I have 2 problems I'm trying to solve at the same time.
    I have a Ricoh printer with sawgrass ink and print on truepix paper. I am currently getting tiny line horizontal lines showing when I print which is transferring to the cup but only on larger areas, I've done head cleans and realigned it but its always there. Any ideas what's causing it?
    Problem 2 is a press problem, I have a Coralgraph press and have recently changed the blanket.
    The problem is that the black is turning brown when I press them which I know is burning them, but if I Dont press long enough then the bottom fades, which I'm assuming is because they are not heating though enough.
    Can someone recommend temperatures and times that would work if I press heat? I'm currently wasting cups guessing and I don't know what's best to do?
    Sorry for the long post! Thought I was beat to try and explain as much as I could

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What time/temp are you pressing at? I use Adkins and press for 180 secs at 170c (If I remember correctly!) Anymore and the papers starts to brown. Bottom fades have been discussed a number of times, in a nutshell, pre-heat the bottom for a short while to get heat into the mass here.

The lines on your printout do sound like an alignment issue. Bit tricky to get this spot on and I use a magnifying glass to be sure. You may need to carry out a head flush but speak to your supplier/Sawgrass first as this uses a fair amount of ink.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm pressing at 200 for 203 seconds, anything less and I seem to loose part of the print but if I do more than 5/6 cups on a roll it starts to go brown. If I warm the cups I assume the time and temp will drop?
    I've flushed the heads and its not made a difference. I emailed Ricoh but am still waiting on a reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Too hot too long is my initial instinct, providing your press is accurate. Who did you get the printer from and when? Don't bother with Ricoh you're better off going to Sawgrass. I emailed them last week, they respond quickly and are very efficient (at least in this case)

When you say you 'loose'part which part do you mean? Yes, pre-heat and reduce to 170c 180 secs.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I reduce the temperature the colour become faded as in its not fully transfered, I'm guessing this is because the heat is not getting all the way through the base. But causing the main body of black to burn. I'll start heating the cups and drop the temp. The printer is about 10 months old, the line problem is becoming more apparent with use seemingly no matter what I do. To be honest I can't remember where I got the printer, online somewhere reputable but I can't think where.
    Thank you for the advice, I'll email sawgrass and see what they suggest

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No worries :-) Heating the base will make a big difference. I just put the lower inch or so of the mug into the press for about 20/30 secs but a quick search will show you other ways.

support@sawgrassink.com is the email address I used.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that line you are getting - does it appear in every print you make and all of your designs?

I have had problems in the past where on a design that was created in a clients own software and then converted to jpeg would do exactly the same thing - a line would appear. Going back to the original image and converting it to a tiff and printing from that solved the problem. I was using a Ricoh 3110 and Photoshop Elements 11.

The things that really threw me for days were .............

you couldn't see the line on screen no matter how far you zoomed in

on the print it looked just like a blocked nozzle and that no amount of head cleans could fix

if I were to print 3 up on an A4 sheet the line would repeat at regular intervals, in different positions on the images, as though it were a feed problem

I never have got to the bottom of the problem but at least know what to do if I see it again!

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @arthur.daley I have had the exact same problem

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @arthur.daley I have had the exact same problem with Epson printers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, the lines are on everything printed but not on the screen.
    I'll definitely try putting the bottom in for extra time.
    Thank you