Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Is this worth buying?
    By Quinsfan in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-11-2014, 10:17 PM
  2. Thinking of buying one?
    By Tryweryn in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 10:49 PM
  3. Buying a new Printer
    By Earl Smith in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 10:37 PM
  4. Buying inks.
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  5. buying printer
    By scottenti in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

If any one is looking for a mug oven take a look at the Transfer Press..oven and four wraps at £149.00 plus vat.
    I paid £275.00 for mine :shock: The job I bought it for paid for it with a nice profit too but gosh what a difference.

If you already have the wraps it's only about £50. Having said that it is only a normal oven.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

Quote Originally Posted by AJLA
    If any one is looking for a mug oven take a look at the Transfer Press..oven and four wraps at £149.00 plus vat.
    I paid £275.00 for mine :shock: The job I bought it for paid for it with a nice profit too but gosh what a difference.

If you already have the wraps it's only about £50. Having said that it is only a normal oven.
    Do they let you pay for orders over the internet yet or are they still living in the Dark Ages?

Their oven looks exactly like the one I bought for £49.99 from JML (£59.99 these days - that includes VAT so it's a bit cheaper than the TP's VAT-inclusive price of £63.75). JML also do a stand-off ring for £12.99 (was £9.99 when I bought mine).

I mention it because my JML oven doesn't seem to do mugs as quickly as everyone else says theirs does them. Works well, but you have to adapt your time/temp to suit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

It took us a lot of time adapting with our oven with a lot of wasted mugs.

Not sure re the payment over the internet tho
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

I used to find it took about 20 mins to cook 4 mugs, found a twin head press quicker overall.

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

This takes 12 mins so not bad, my current Jarin single mug press is becoming a pain. I constantly have to keep turning it during its cooking time. It's as tho the wrap isn,y as good as it once was although it's not had a huge amount of use. I have contacted Europa/Jarin equipment but with no reply so I don't know if they are still trading.
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

This takes 12 mins so not bad,
    Can't be the JML one, then. Which wraps do you use and at what temperature?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

No its an Elitech, we have it set at about 200, it may be a little less as it's difficult to tell precisely with the type of knob.
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

No its an Elitech, we have it set at about 200, it may be a little less as it's difficult to tell precisely with the type of knob.
    It's possible that the Elitech and JML are different wattages.

I think the dial on mine is a bit imprecise, too. When I'm doing colour-change mugs, I have to keep the temperature right down to stop the coating from turning yellow. Very impractical for doing too many, but I'm managing to make do until I sort out a better mug press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

During our testing process we managed to scorch quite a few but all seems ok now, I forgot to mention the wraps are from subli supplies.

For a while we could not get rid of an imprintfrom the wrap on the coating of the mug after pressing but it gradually seems to be improving so perhaps it's just a 'new' thing.
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUYING A MUG OVEN

During our testing process we managed to scorch quite a few but all seems ok now, I forgot to mention the wraps are from subli supplies.

For a while we could not get rid of an imprintfrom the wrap on the coating of the mug after pressing but it gradually seems to be improving so perhaps it's just a 'new' thing.
    I had the same problem with those wraps and the imprint. Fortunately, most of my mugs tend to be the 10oz variety so I put an extra wrap of 1.5mm silicon rubber (from Listawood/BMS) between the mug and the wrap to give a smooth wrap. That probably accounts for a little bit of the longer pressing time.