Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Size of Halogen oven
    By swimwivsquid in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 06:09 PM
  2. Advice on using a halogen oven please
    By leethesign in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
  3. Halogen Oven
    By steve 1 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 01:22 AM
  4. Halogen Oven for Mugs - Lidl
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 11:11 AM
  5. JML Halogen Oven for mugs
    By what a mug in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 08:41 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D in a halogen oven

Hi guys are we all keeping well?
    I have been thinking, my wife tells me that can be dangerous, about trying a 3d phone case in my halogen oven. I am able to produce great results with the metal sports water bottles by tightly wrapping the paper around them and nothing else. This also works with travel mugs and latte mugs.
    Do you think if I used a 3d case with the correct puck and taped the paper tightly it would produce a decent result? I was even thinking of using a vacuum pack that you can use for cooking, the mother in law has the machine, but am not sure what temperature they can withstand before they would melt.

If there is anyone in the Surrey area who has some old stock and a puck they could sell me to try this I would be grateful.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my vacuum pump packed in, I kept making 3D phone cases in the vacuum press without the vacuum. I posted about it somewhere, showing how I managed it. Will see if I can find the post again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Arty
    I just need to get a couple of blanks and a jig now. Do you think I should use the same times as temps as you would using you vacuum press?
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are loads of variations when it comes to what works for some and what works for others. These are my rules:

1. Set the heat to 400 Deg F
    2. Set the timer to 20 minutes
    3. Put the jigs into the machine and start the timer
    4. Once the timer reaches zero, the jigs are warm enough to work with so...
    5. Add the case/print to the jig and set the timer for 3 mins 30 seconds

I get a perfect case every time that way. And it was the same settings when I was using the vacuum press without the vacuum. No idea if you'd need to play with those settings in a halogen oven though, but heat is heat so perhaps not.

M

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do the jigs need to be pre heated? Nothing else we sublimate is pre heated.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're looking for a scientific answer, I don't have one for you. All I know is that the manual said to 'cook' them for 9 minutes and they came out a mess. I played with so many different ways of getting them right 100% of the time and the only way was to preheat the jigs and cook for a lot less time. I believe most of the folk on here also preheat their 3D jigs. My guess (and I stress, GUESS) is that the cases are thick and therefore don't absorb the heat quick enough if they go on a cold jig. I wasted over 100 cases getting it right.

Give it a shot your own way though; I'm interested to see how it all turns out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, I will have a look on ebay for some cheap blanks and a jig to try it out. Don't want to invest to much at the mo in case it doesn't work.
    I will only be doing the odd case as I only do this as a hobby/beer money at the moment.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can lend you an iPhone 4 jig and send you a few cases to play with. I've got a few hundred of them sitting here and they don't sell as many as the iPhone 5. PM me if you want to do that - no sense spending money if it doesn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sent you a PM.
    Many thanks
    Iain