Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug suppliers
    By Camera+ in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-08-2018, 09:22 AM
  2. Suppliers..Well done!
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 08:22 PM
  3. Looking for UK suppliers
    By pamelasplayroom in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-11-2010, 06:23 PM
  4. PBT suppliers
    By richuk in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 07:39 PM
  5. Ink Suppliers
    By petrcol in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: UK Suppliers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not shure if this is the right place to ask but is BMS out of buisness?
    Last edited by Justin; 02-07-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What makes you say such a question? We had an order delivered only a couple of days ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant reach the website anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well we can. Just browsing the web site right now. I even asked them earlier about your statement and they laughed at me down phone as they are incredibly busy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crome browser says the page is down but turns out i can open the website with Safari but in Firefox i get this message: Your connection is not secure

The website tried to negotiate an inadequate level of security.

printerowners.co.uk uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you can visit the site.

Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY

Could be that my old computer is the fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same question that I raised with BMS via facebook, seems that their website certificates (or something like that) aren't set up now for anyone running XP/Chrome.
    I'm a dinosaur and running both desktop and laptop on XP/Chrome, so its a bit of a shame really as I used to get my Sawgrass inks from them and various other items such as mugs, slates, bears, steins etc.

They suggested a workaround by changing my chrome settings - this would delete certain info or leave it vulnerable to others - I was going to give this a try but warnings came up detailing what might happen - so I wasn't prepared to do this, so, unfortunately, I'll have to take my business elsewhere.

Strange that they would laugh at this as I have raised this problem with them and they know that XP/chrome users are effected - I was going to post the same thing on the forum but ended up contacting them via facebook.
    Last edited by John G; 04-07-2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: adding/amending text

7. The Following User Says Thank You to John G For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (04-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    I had the same question that I raised with BMS via facebook, seems that their website certificates (or something like that) aren't set up now for anyone running XP/Chrome.
    I'm a dinosaur and running both desktop and laptop on XP/Chrome, so its a bit of a shame really as I used to get my Sawgrass inks from them and various other items such as mugs, slates, bears, steins etc.

They suggested a workaround by changing my chrome settings - this would delete certain info or leave it vulnerable to others - I was going to give this a try but warnings came up detailing what might happen - so I wasn't prepared to do this, so, unfortunately, I'll have to take my business elsewhere.

Strange that they would laugh at this as I have raised this problem with them and they know that XP/chrome users are effected - I was going to post the same thing on the forum but ended up contacting them via facebook.
    Hi John, I think the amusement comment was in response to a question about us being still in business, hence a laugh and a reply that we're extremely busy :)

As regards our website, we've recently moved servers and had new SSL certificates installed so the website is secure for us and for customers (and Google prefers secure websites for ranking etc). It means that old XP systems which have vulnerabilities which Microsoft no longer support running old versions of browsers (which again can be exploited) won't be able to display our website. The choice we have is to enable this for everyone and then leave our website insecure for everyone or have some customers running old systems unable to connect by their PC - unfortunately we've had to go with the latter. If you use your mobile then the website will work fine, or even use the old fashion telephony system :))

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bms For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (04-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems our Dinosaur computers are the fault. Have solved the problem with using Safari. Need to buy from them some Sawgrass ink and stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your replies, i'll have a look at safari and if stuck, i'll use the old fashioned telephone lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with accessing the BMS website. My antique Mac won't run the latest Firefox version so I have to use Safari. However, even this can be difficult so I'm afraid I tend to buy from other suppliers for the time being unless I can only get an item from BMS. This is a shame as I find them to be one of the best suppliers for price/quality/range. I guess I'll just have to treat myself to a new Mac soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk