Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Roland SG 540 TrueVIS Printer vs Roland SPi 540 !!
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-08-2018, 10:31 PM
  2. Roland Versaworks /Roland Library Swatches
    By Focus1 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 08:36 PM
  3. Another end of tether thread!
    By Mugman71 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-08-2015, 09:55 PM
  4. not one for the show off thread
    By printeire in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Roland BN-20 thread

I'm looking at investing in a Roland BN-20 primarily for t-shirt transfers and possibly some stickers.

The question is, I believe they're not the quickest so do any of you recommend them or should I be looking at something a bit quicker?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    hi,
    I have one.
    My question is - is your client database is so large that machine will slow you down?
    and can you afford larger and faster model?
    if yes, go for the large and quick machine. If you just starting out and planning to use occasionally but often enough to justify having it than BN20 is the answer. I am quite a busy man this day but bn20 is still plenty enough for me and my customer's needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, butting in here as we're also looking at a BN20, infact we've been to see a demo on one today. If you don't mind could you tell me what your main use for the printer is please? Also do you have white, magenta or metallic? We're looking at Workwear, sportswear, decals and possibly some banners etc. Cheers
    Last edited by RichG; 19-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post
    Hi Paul, butting in here as we're also looking at a BN20, infact we've been to see a demo on one today. If you don't mind could you tell me what your main use for the printer is, please? Also do you have white, magenta or metallic? We're looking at Workwear, sportswear, decals and possibly some banners etc. Cheers
    I use my bn20 for 99% for garment printing.
    I have a double magenta system. white is pointless for me if you don't print clear window stickers as all media is white anyway.
    silver? nobody asked me for anything metallic yet. if I had I I could probably push it more, but metallic in is extremely expensive so most of it would go down the waste tank anyway.
    so CMMUK is the only way for me. if i was buying it again today, I would also buy same system knowing that what my customers need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thanks. How do you find the speed as this is often mentioned in reviews and comments? I've also been told that having the white system slows it down even more but I guess this is only when it's actually printing white which the printer will actually only do when asked to, obviously no need on white media. We also looked at an Oki 8432wt which is very compact, very fast, great quality prints but is limited to media. Horses for courses I suppose

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    speed is slow if you go for the best quality. and quality is nuts! But a lot of artworks can actually get away with lower quality settings and still look great. this is when a printer speeds up. I tend to print less but for more expensive customers so I don't have to run massive jobs. but if I have loads of stickers to print, I simply set the job to print at night :) I wake up and money is printed :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, could you give me some insights into the BN-20
    i was thinking of buying one from eBay (used)
    I usually get transfers made up and sent me when needed but I don’t get a huge amount of work for transfers. but sometimes a customer will say ‘do us 2 more tshirts’ and then you have to order them again, postage etc etc
    I literally have no clue about how they work, are maintained or what else can be done with them.
    is is it worth buying one?
    how often does the print head need changing and is it an expensive process to change?
    what other maintenance do you have to carry out
    can it be left off for weeks at a time?
    Are they reliable?
    easy to set up images and logo to print and cut?

Thanks
    Dal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can it be left off for weeks at a time? No is the simple answer.

If this going to be a regular occurrence then I would keep buying them in but always order 3-5 extra and add that into your original costs.

Yet if you can add other products to your range like stickers and banners then it may be worth it.

You may be better looking at the other systems for garment prints. I don’t use them myself but I believe the Magic Touch do a good system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinsfan For This Useful Post:

Dalbag123 (22-09-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    can it be left off for weeks at a time? No is the simple answer.
    I would like to disagree with it. Once Roland is hooked up to the main power, it has a self-maintaining mode where every few hours drop of ink is sucked in to avoid head drying.
    I left my BN20 for almost 4 weeks and no problems.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

Dalbag123 (22-09-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Roland BN-20 thread

Very lucky Paul. On other forums and speaking to engineers this is not recommended with solvent printers. It maybe that the BN-20 print head is different but for wide format solvent printers I wouldn’t like to leave it for more than a couple of days without at least doing some kind of printing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.