Page 1 of 1

MUG OVEN SILICONE WRAP ADVICE (PLEASE)

Posted: 25 Jun 2026, 15:26
by rug1725
Good Afternoon all,

I have just brought a Schulze Mug Oven Box and used to have a cheaper Chinese 70L oven.

I am using the red oven silicone wraps and I am getting the ink transferring from the sublimation paper onto the silicone wraps and its ruining the wraps.

I was told to use a piece of extra paper but that does not work as it leave blow out marks anywhere on the mug that is not covered by paper, but I see in my oven manual that no extra paper or butcher paper is used, the same as on in online videos.

Is there a way to stop the ink getting onto the silicone wraps? am I doing something wrong?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Re: MUG OVEN SILICONE WRAP ADVICE (PLEASE)

Posted: 30 Jun 2026, 09:57
by JMugs
The transfer on to the wraps is because of the paper weight. Heavier weight = no transfer. However this does mean that the paper doesn't mould to the shape of imperfections in the mug so well. I use cheap ordinary paper between the sub paper and the wrap cut to the same size as my sub paper (240mm x 100mm) rather than heavier weight paper.

Re: MUG OVEN SILICONE WRAP ADVICE (PLEASE)

Posted: 30 Jun 2026, 11:48
by rug1725
Thank you for your reply.

I use S Race 120gsm Vivid sublimation paper, I have been testing 2 sheets of plain copy paper and a lot less ink on the wraps.

I have now also reduced my time for 1 x 11oz mug in the oven to 190c for 8 minutes and the results are brilliant for the photos and the black text is sharp.

Now just have to figure out the times from 1 - 20 mugs :(